News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MVSA Military Match.

Started by Jayhawker, December 21, 2019, 09:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawker

A green hat, a red hat and two orange hats walk into a...

We weren't wearing our Appleseed hats, but we did show up for the monthly MVSA Military Match (CMP).

There are 4 sanctioned CMP matches every year and 6 non-sanctioned "Military Matches".

During the two months of the year, when Appleseed events are always scheduled in Bald Knob, there are no Military Matches at MVSA. Otherwise, it is always the third Saturday of the month. Non-members are welcome. Be there by 08:30. The fee is $8 plus another $2 if your going to stick around and shoot 22s afterwards. The rimfire match is two strings of 10 with pistols and two strings of 10 with a rifle, all standing. Pick the best of each and add them together for the score. On sanctioned CMP days it's 1911s and rimfire pistols, 2 strings of 10 each, and add together the two best scores.

The sanctioned CMP rifle matches are standard CMP rifle matches. The modification for the Military Matches is that the third string can be shot standing, sitting or kneeling.

The official scores have not yet been posted, but I saw the targets, and all of the Appleseeders did well.

That excellent performance continued into the rimfire match.

I stayed afterwards for additional practice and to do some 7th stepping.

We're all looking forward to the Bald Knob event at Vets Shooting Center next month.

Lots of people, in our area, started with these CMP matches and then went to Appleseed to improve their CMP scores. Plenty of those went on to take an orange hat.

So, it seems to me that one way to improve Appleseed attendance is to start having sanctioned CMP matches at your local club.

Quinncannon

I'm looking forward to the event next month at Bald Knob, it will be good to see ya'll again!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021