News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The End of Appleseed in Virginia? A Call to Action!

Started by The Wolfhound, December 20, 2019, 01:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Are those hoof beats I hear?  To protect their liberty, 14,000 patriots responded 244 years ago in 24 hours to the urgent need to take up arms against the King of England and his army. Riders on horseback carried the message(cell reception was terrible!). 

Patriots, can we rally 14,000 (or more) peaceful citizens using modern communications before January 20 to protect our liberty?  Will you spread the word and come out? 

Be at the Virginia Capitol on January 20, 2020! Stand for your liberty!  Our rights WILL be trampled unless the General Assembly fears doing it.  Make a statement by peacefully filling the building and streets with unprecedented numbers they cannot ignore.  YOUR LIBERTY IS AT STAKE.  Only a massive turnout will make them listen. Join us for this important and historic gathering to deliver the message that we will not allow our God-given right to Liberty to be taken away by elected officials.

Specifics about the event are below, shared by Pat Webb, VCDL Treasurer:

QuoteAs for specifics for the event, we will begin forming groups at 08:00 at or around 10th and Bank Streets.  These groups will enter the General Assembly Building and visit with assigned Senators and Delegates, leaving packets detailing all the gun bills filed to date and what our position is on them.  We encourage people to stop by their own Representatives offices as well.

At 11:00 to Noon we will hold a rally on the Capital steps.  Afterwards, many people meet at local restaurants for lunch before either heading back to the GA Building to sit in on committee meetings or heading home.

It is a highly educational day for school age children and teaches them about the legislative process and the importance of being a part of our government.

Carry is permitted outside the building.  Open carry is allowed with or without a permit and concealed carry with a permit.  Magazines are restricted to 20 rounds or less if one doesn't have a permit.  Carry inside the building, open or concealed, is only allowed if one has a concealed handgun permit.

From Maximum Ordinate:  These pre-filed bills in the Virginia legislature could very well end Project Appleseed in the Commonwealth. That's no exaggeration. If you're in Virginia or the surrounding states, I urge you to attend, get involved, and make your voices heard.  Bring a friend or two!

You may wear Appleseed gear and fly the Appleseed flag (literally or figuratively).  I know that VCDL is planning charter buses from many locations in Virginia.  More info on that can be found here: https://vcdl.org/

Godspeed and good luck.

For the AOC:

Rusty Bonkoski
National Coordinator

The Wolfhound

I invoke Dr. Joseph Warren calling out the express riders. Task one: You need to be Paul Revere and William Dawes.  Spread the message far and wide.  Every gun owner in Virginia should hear this multiple times.
Task two: TURN OUT!!!!!!
Gather your friends and relatives and BE on Capital Grounds on January 20, 2020.  We have one last step before your rights are snatched away.
Yours in Liberty,
The Wolfhound

BrotherPilot

Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

scuzzy

This is a Very Important rally.

If this nonsense in VA is not stopped in it's tracks it will spread to other states. Including Texas. Don't think for a minute that "It can't happen here" because it can and possibly will. Here in Texas we almost had 'Beto' (we'll take your f***ing AR and AK) win against Ted Cruz. It was close. Vote fraud didn't help either.

I think VA is a test case for the gun grabbers to see how the public reacts. Hopefully the public does react and shows up in huge numbers. Otherwise it might get nasty.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

WhyWon

Anyone else from MD want to carpool down with me?

V/R,

WhyWon
(Bethesda, MD)
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

HazMatt1

Not sure if work will allow me to attend the lobby day but I will be helping spread the word here in southwest Va!
"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a Volunteer."--- Lt. Col. James Dolittle

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Sgt-at-Arms

This needs to be attached to as many boards as possible. Should be shared on every State board of every State in the Southeast!

For the Mission  :F

S@A
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Sgt-at-Arms on December 20, 2019, 08:01:48 PM
This needs to be attached to as many boards as possible. Should be shared on every State board of every State in the Southeast!

For the Mission  :F

S@A

No.  I would suggest we keep most of the information, questions, answers, and updates confined to one thread.

We are reaching out to many shooters and instructors in the areas surrounding Virginia and calling on them.  We are pointing them to this thread for updates.  Let's not muddy the waters and make it hard to find info.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

bob 210

If folks from California wanted to come to Virginia in support, which airport would we fly into and how far is it to the protest location?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

FourFans

If there is ANYTHING Alaska can do, let me/us know.
Godspeed
  --FourFans
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

BrotherPilot

Quote from: bob 210 on December 21, 2019, 12:15:23 AM
If folks from California wanted to come to Virginia in support, which airport would we fly into and how far is it to the protest location?
Richmond airport is the closest, and it's about 20-30 minutes drive from downtown depending on traffic.  Might be less expensive to fly into Dulles (IAD) which is about a 2 hour drive away.
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

CokeGuy

I will be driving up from north Georgia and riding the bus from Lynchburg on Monday morning.
Everett Womack

d2331

Attending is out of the question for me for a variety of reasons.  Everything cost money so I'm willing to send a few bucks to help out financially.  I guess the VCDL website would be the best way??

CarrollMS

Quote from: The Wolfhound on December 20, 2019, 01:52:01 PM

From Maximum Ordinate:  These pre-filed bills in the Virginia legislature could very well end Project Appleseed in the Commonwealth. That's no exaggeration. If you're in Virginia or the surrounding states, I urge you to attend, get involved, and make your voices heard.  Bring a friend or two!

You may wear Appleseed gear and fly the Appleseed flag (literally or figuratively).  I know that VCDL is planning charter buses from many locations in Virginia.  More info on that can be found here: https://vcdl.org/

Godspeed and good luck.

For the AOC:

Rusty Bonkoski
National Coordinator

Thanks MaxOrd, we are faced with similar, although not as radical, pre-filed bills in Kentucky this year, and I am encouraging correspondence at this point.  Kentucky residents can write their legislators by accessing their email at this link. https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/findyourlegislator/findyourlegislator.html
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

iballdriver

I'll be attending lobby day. Thjs will be my 6th one. By far the most important one.
It just sickens and saddens me that we are facing such blatant tyranny in Virginia.
Brian

BrotherPilot

Quote from: iballdriver on December 21, 2019, 02:16:24 PM
I'll be attending lobby day. Thjs will be my 6th one. By far the most important one.
It just sickens and saddens me that we are facing such blatant tyranny in Virginia.
Brian

Time we reminded the VA elected officials via the soap box and ballot box the inscription on the great seal of VA.  Past time.
Jay
VA State Coordinator

BillP_556

I'll be there and looking foreword to jointing my AS colleagues to convince a few senators that common sense is better than gun control.
Respectfully,

BillP_556

Colhavoc138

My son and I are both coming down from NY. Hopefully, the rest of the car is filled with like minded people.
Distinguished Rifleman
Winterseed Rifleman
Maryland Front Sight tabbed
PA Capt Morgan Rifleman Unit tabbed
NYS EMTB/NREMT/TCCC/TECC

Morpheus

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

T. WOLF

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on December 20, 2019, 10:47:00 PM
Quote from: Sgt-at-Arms on December 20, 2019, 08:01:48 PM

No.  I would suggest we keep most of the information, questions, answers, and updates confined to one thread.

We heard the alarm in Michigan.  I'd like permission to start a thread in the Michigan Instructors forum to see if there is enough interest to pool ourselves into a van, bus, or train. Our IBC isn't until late-February. I am doing my SBIT3 the weekend immediately following this rally. If you want MI support in VA, then I need to be free to organize our cadre.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: T. WOLF on December 22, 2019, 11:50:58 PM
We heard the alarm in Michigan.  I'd like permission to start a thread in the Michigan Instructors forum to see if there is enough interest to pool ourselves into a van, bus, or train. Our IBC isn't until late-February. I am doing my SBIT3 the weekend immediately following this rally. If you want MI support in VA, then I need to be free to organize our cadre.

Of course, that's what those volunteer-only areas are for.   :)
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

Friends,

We need to talk about this Virginia thing.  Before I move forward, let me say how much I appreciate our VA crew and Wolfhound, who leads them.  I am grateful they are keeping the standard high.

Virginia's Lobby Day is going to be a big deal.  I think the turn-out will influence the path of the legislature going forward.  So, let me offer some thoughts:

1.  I think this event will be peaceful and educational.  I think it'll be something we should bring children to, as they are our posterity.

2.  Recognize the remote chance that antagonists might use Lobby Day 2020 as a platform to agitate.  With that in mind, if at any point you feel unsafe or that the situation is going sideways - walk away.  Just walk away.  This is not the time for a brawl or worse.  Yelling or arguing with people on Lobby Day isn't going to change anyone's mind, so let's stay on the high road.

3.  Fly our flag, but this isn't an official Project Appleseed event.  If you want to, wear your gear proudly.  Remember this is a Virginia-centric event.  If you're approached by the press, you're attending as a private person.  Speak for yourself plainly and let it be known you're speaking only for yourself.  If the press wants an official statement from the Program, get their info and contact CokeGuy, me, and malabar.  We'll be able to provide official statements.

4.  Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) asked folks to not carry rifles.  The only thing I ask of Appleseeders is to carry firearms within the guidelines of Virginia Law.  If you're carrying a rifle, you'll not be allowed in the Capitol building.  Pistols?  Well, we're not so sure.  Today, pistols are allowed in the Capitol building.  The legislature may change the rules on that between now and then.

5.  Dress for the weather.  It's Virginia in January, so be prepared.  If you're open carrying, you might be in the elements all day.  We should respect the rights of property owners in restaurants and other businesses in the area.

6.  We've shared VCDL/Lobby Day event info far and wide on social media.  We've had to hide some visitor comments that were chest-thumping or militia related.  If you see something on FB/twitter/etc that reflects poorly on the Program, take action to clean it up or let someone know.  Thanks for helping us stay on message.

7.  Have fun.  Seriously.  Meet fellow lovers of Liberty and make friends.  The seeds we plant well today will bear good fruit tomorrow!

in Liberty,
MaxOrd
-Thomas Jefferson

BD

For the out of staters planning to go, I thought I'd describe it to help you know what to expect.

Lobby Day is an annual thing.  We always flood the statehouse on this day to speak with all the elected representatives.
Many are happy to talk, some hide in their office and some act very bizarre.  It's always interesting.
Then we have a rally outside with speakers and such.  This year will be much larger with more speakers.
It's not a one off protest event attached to the current excitement.

As the first post noted, you can carry pistols in Virginia openly without a permit and concealed with a valid carry permit.
A carry permit is required in order to carry inside the statehouse for the actual lobbying.  Make sure VA honors your permit.
They honor almost all of them.  It's great to have the metal detector go off, you show them its a pistol and they wave you in.

I would not show up in full kit with rifles, like some people are suggesting.  That will not be helpful.  The media will have a field day with that and portray us as lunatics.

It is a great day, every year.  Seeing and meeting fellow patriots is always a good thing.  Seeing people get off the couch and come out for liberty is always a good thing.  It's like the feeling at an Appleseed event on a bigger scale.
All are welcome to come out.

Up the Republic

hogfamily

For those of us that can not attend in person I suggest that we send emails to the VA legislatures, governor, and the the tourist department, (whatever it's called in VA), VA Chamber of Commerce, &c, and let them know that if VA goes down this path VA will not be included in any future travel plans.

info@vachamber.com
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

BrotherPilot

Quote from: hogfamily on December 25, 2019, 07:20:01 PM
For those of us that can not attend in person I suggest that we send emails to the VA legislatures, governor, and the the tourist department, (whatever it's called in VA), VA Chamber of Commerce, &c, and let them know that if VA goes down this path VA will not be included in any future travel plans.

info@vachamber.com

That is a great idea.  And thank you for any assistance you can give in this arena.
Jay
VA State Coordinator

Lomshek

For those interested in a peaceful armed demonstration a large number of members on arfcom are coordinating a protest on the capital grounds.

You can check out the discussion at the link below.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2280760/?

They make a very valid argument that this is Virginia's lobby day not the VCDL's alone and that polite discussion alone has not achieved anything in other states besides a loss of rights. 

They are calling it the Rattlesnake Rally with the protest of thousands of rifle carrying patriots serving as the buzzing of a rattlesnake's tail to politicians who think they can just wave a magic wand and make millions of Virginians felons overnight.

Monkey

QuoteThey make a very valid argument that this is Virginia's lobby day not the VCDL's alone and that polite discussion alone has not achieved anything in other states besides a loss of rights.

I don't do arfcom for a number of reasons.  That said:

While I don't disagree with this point, it's worth noting that Jan 20 is not the only "Lobby Day" in the Commonwealth.  There are several organizations, of various causes, that converge on the state capitol complex on certain days of the year.

Here's my fear:  We have an upswelling on January 20, and then everybody thinks, "Oh - I attended so I did my part."   Even a tsunami recedes, eventually.

We need to look past Jan 20 and have these kind of events REGULARLY - maintain the momentum.  Instead of a tsunami, we need engagement so enduring, it's more like an volcanic eruption, creating a mountain where only grassy plains stood before.

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Lomshek

Quote from: Monkey on December 27, 2019, 09:45:27 AM
QuoteThey make a very valid argument that this is Virginia's lobby day not the VCDL's alone and that polite discussion alone has not achieved anything in other states besides a loss of rights.

I don't do arfcom for a number of reasons.  That said:

While I don't disagree with this point, it's worth noting that Jan 20 is not the only "Lobby Day" in the Commonwealth.  There are several organizations, of various causes, that converge on the state capitol complex on certain days of the year.

Here's my fear:  We have an upswelling on January 20, and then everybody thinks, "Oh - I attended so I did my part."   Even a tsunami recedes, eventually.

We need to look past Jan 20 and have these kind of events REGULARLY - maintain the momentum.  Instead of a tsunami, we need engagement so enduring, it's more like an volcanic eruption, creating a mountain where only grassy plains stood before.

Absolutely agree!  The mindset of "I already did my part" is what got us here in the first place.