News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dec 14-15 Piru, CA After Action Report

Started by bob 210, December 16, 2019, 11:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

California gets Rifleman #1000! Congratulations Jesus! We also had 4 additional qualifiers this weekend! Congratulations goes out to Omar, Scott, Chase and Kari! Welcome to our new Riflemen and Riflewoman! We had a couple of requalifications also. Congratulations to Alex who originally qualified back in 2013 and Mike who qualified at Piru last month and returned month to post several scores with hiscenterfire rifle in pursuit of the coveted "Distinguished" patch! We also had the opportunity to add three new members to our Instructor Corp! Welcome Steve, Kari and Mike as they donned the Orange Hat of Destiny! Welcome to our newest IIT's. A big thank you goes out to our Instructors, Hardlyworking, F_letch, Joseph and Jec325! Great job folks! More to come ...
Please post your comments and pics here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

hardlyworking

I can think of no greater testament to the quality of instruction that Appleseed has put together than the example of Jesus.

Having never touched a rifle before, he listened to all of our instructions, he put into practice everything we demonstrated, and then shot his day 1 AQT in the 180s.  He came back day 2, again applying his fundamentals and posted 203, 206, 208 and 222 AQTs.

If anyone ever had a doubt that what we teach, and how we teach it, is a superlative program, let those doubts be cast aside!

:F

Ca-999

Had a great weekend.  (By the way it is Kari.)

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

bob 210

Sorry Kari, mistake due to my own pour writing skills! Glad to have you and Steve aboard.

Quote from: Ca-999 on December 16, 2019, 01:06:48 PM
Had a great weekend.  (By the way it is Kari.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

2TH4IST

A big THANKS to the volunteers! As they say the proof is in the pudding! Congrats to all the new rifleman and riflewomen Jesus, Omar, Scott, Chase and Kari welcome aboard! It was a amazing experience (again) and learned new things as always. Using a centerfire rifle and irons was a re-learning experience for sure! Using a centerfire lets you hone in on the various shooting positions and how important body position is to help absorb recoil. Just missed out on the Distinguished tab with a 227 AQT, after that my scores went down (mostly due to exhaustion and not following through correctly) but that is exactly why its always a good idea to re-attend a Appleseed event and will practice dry firing and at the range as well.

I'm excited and nervous about becoming a IIT. I look forward to it and it will be another avenue of knowledge and experiences.

This last weekend was a ton of fun and it was nice talking to everyone there. I look forward to planting more Appleseeds and helping to preserve our posterity.

:F :F
There is danger lurking around every corner, so I propose we make every building round.
Rifleman Piru, CA Nov 16-17 score 222 .22LR and scope
Rifleman Piru, CA Dec 14-15 score 227 centerfire and irons

osomarvelous

Hello,

I am the Jesus mentioned above and I just wanted to thank every single one of the instructors (in training and otherwise) for an amazing weekend. Bob and Erich ran a hell of a clinic and I was really amazed at how invested I got into the stories they told. The orange hat instructors were also super cool and encouraging. I unfortunately do not remember the names of the two younger gentlemen but they were very encouraging. I was down on myself when I shot a 208 score and they propped me up. They encouraged me and told me I was right there and their words of encouragement meant a lot to me. Chris, one of the orange hats, really stood out to me. He took a look at one of my targets and saw the grouping was tight but kind of in a horizontal line. Chris explained to me that I was still jerking the trigger and he showed me how he did it and I tried it. My groupings suddenly became tighter. I then complained about the seated position and how it wasn't working for me. Chris then explained how he did it and even demonstrated the position. I tried it and lo and behold my score in the 2nd rou d of AQTs got better. I honestly attribute my success to all of the instructors for drilling the basics into me. But I will also say that due to the personal attention Chris gave me I was able to breakthrough and get a qualifying score.

Overall I very much enjoyed my experience with appleseed and can't wait to do another one. I am currently working on convincing my friend to join me for the January shoot. You guys are awesome. I felt welcome from the very beginning because your passion for teaching not just marksmanship but what it means to be an American citizen. I am deeply grateful for the opportunity afforded to me and look forward to joining this organization as an instructor.

Pics attached as proof.

Captain

Congratulations to all - especially the 1000th California Rifleman and 3 new instructors! And to Osomarvelous, bringing your friends and family to an event is the highest of compliments and helps the program more than anything. Thanks and congrats on earning your patch!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range