News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AQT practice

Started by Quinncannon, December 13, 2019, 09:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

Our weekly 600 yard shoot was cancelled this week, so shot on my own range everyday this week! Monday, I shot long range rimfire(200 yards) with a CZ UL and 6 x 18 Leupold scope, results were good, was able to hit the five inch gong and Appleseed standing target time after time. That would be scaled at 800 yards at this range!

Tuesday, shot a 250 on the AQT, with a Tactical Solutions rifle with Nikon scope and CCI SV ammo. This rifle is my number one rimfire for Appleseed, it's heavy 24 inch heavy barrel is almost ideal for offhand shooting, also seems just right for slinged up shooting in prone and sitting. Many excellent scores shot with this rifle.

Wednesday, shot a 243 with a Kidd Supergrade with Nikon scope and CCI SV ammo. The Kidd is my back up rifle, my most accurate, but it doesn't have the weight I prefer for slinging up and also shooting off hand.

Thursday, just one inch squares were shot, I'm running low on AQT targets, time to order more!

Today, might just shoot my Smith & Wesson Model 41, one of the best .22 rimfire pistols ever made.

As usual, if anyone wants to shoot some KD or the reduced course with some old hand Riflemen, give us a shout, we'll likely saddle up and meet you at the range!

Quinncannon, out.

"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Hasty Sling

QC,

isn't it nice to have time to shoot? I was out on Thursday, too, working for hours on stages 2 and 4 of the AQT. Of course, you and I couldn't be farther apart in skills and experience, but you and other experienced Riflemen and Riflewomen help more than you know with your insightful posts. In any case, I wanted to share some of my targets (if I can successfully post the pics). I had a great day at the Wilbur Wright Public Shooting Range in east central Indiana. I had the 25 yards range all to myself the whole time.

First Redcoat and targets were to warm up, verify zero, and take some Stage 4 practice shots. The second set was another Redcoat (I really want to clear a RC at my next AS), and more Stage 4 practice. Next, another RC, and some kneeling shots on the 100 and 200 yd targets. Last one was the one I am most thrilled with. After 287 shots downrange, I had just five rounds left. So, I flung the five rounds on a RC, kneeling, with a hasty sling...wobble be damned! I was sure I'd see a disaster for a target. What a nice surprise.

Hey, Appleseeders, let's keep sending lead downrange, even in the winter cold!

Cesar A. Cruz
Noblesville, IN

Quinncannon

Hasty Sling, looks like you are coming along quite well! I can tell you have a good practice plan and it's working well for you. I would say you're ready to get that Rifleman patch!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021