News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alice, TX AAR - December 7-8, 2019

Started by A-lister, December 10, 2019, 05:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-lister

Well Alice is once again hosting shoots and what a great shoot we  had! ^:)^  The weather was beautiful! 80 dg and sunny both days! We had 15 Shooters on the line!  :--- Two of the ladies were new to shooting and did extremely well. Janet thanked us for making her no longer afraid of guns. This was her first time shooting! We had a 9 yr old boy shoot a 172 from sandbags! He earned a challenge coin for that! O0 CJ our 11 yr old blue hat helped greatly in set up and tear down. He sure can drive flagpole stakes! :bow: Two shooters earned their Rifleman patches! Gary shot a 218 on his FIRST AQT! That earned him a challenge coin too! This is quite and accomplishment! And John shot a 232 on day two! Bot very excited new Riflemen.  :F Suzanne "Evee" on the forum requalified with a 240! Thats distinguished and worthy of a coin also! And shes just a senior in HS. Look out for her, I see a 250 in the future! ~~:) Two wolves is still knocking on the 250 door also. What a Rifleman and Marine! Dana Chris's wife took a blue hat! She said she wants to help and we sure need it! White Paladin did an amazing preamble and 1st strike!  Chis, Marshal and Chris called the line like pros! I brought my WW2 Garand out and let anyone who wanted, shoot it. That was fun. Jim, Chris, Chad, Marshal, Chris A, Suzanne, I could not have done it without you all. Thanks to all for a great shoot!
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

scuzzy

Alright! Alice is rockin'

And congrats Evee on the 240. Bet Jim is proud of you.

Nice to see Two Wolves in the pics.

And cool! We got Chris doing Strikes now.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Lopin’ Mule

Thanks Ron!
You guys did a fantastic job, it was great experience and I'm so glad have been part of it.
Many thanks to Jim and Chad and the other instructors for there help.
Gary L
Rifleman - Alice, TX 2019
KD Rifleman - New Braunfels, TX 2020

WhitePaladin

Dana did a great job at helping me score AQT's!!  It would have taken me a long time to score that big stack by myself. 

-Chris

Two Wolves

You couldn't ask for and get any better shoot.   :---  The instructor cadre performed flawlessly.  O0 Marshall and Chris where outstanding at calling the line.  ;)  I was overwhelming impressed with the first strike by "White Paladin".  :bow:  Thank you Chris,Dana and CJ. It was truly a pleasure to see you guys again. OMG--look out for Suzanne! That girl has got focus! She shot the HIGH score  for this event.  ^:)^

+++SUZANNE===DISTINGUISHED+++

Regards, Two Wolves   :cool2:

p.s. looks like I'm gonna have to step up my game or Suzanne is going to beat me to 250  ~~:)
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Ghostring

This was an excellent shoot, and not just because of Eevee's 240 :)  I am definitely proud of her  :bow:

Much thanks to Ron and the Alice crew for getting the range back in order.  Chris told an excellent first strike, very well done!
We had some super people on the line as well, very attentive with great attitudes and some excellent shooting!

See you in a few days, Two Wolves  O0
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Don'tFix1776

Ron, thank you so much for the Alice experience, great to be back on the range!
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV

A-lister

It was great having you there calling the line. With that many folks on the line your help was greatly appreciated! O0 I am glad that you were able to hone your Rifleman skills on Sunday.  :snipersmi Thanks
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

GenX Minuteman

Quote from: Lopin' Mule on December 10, 2019, 08:39:05 PM
Thanks Ron!
You guys did a fantastic job, it was great experience and I'm so glad have been part of it.
Many thanks to Jim and Chad and the other instructors for there help.
Gary L

Gary,

Congratulations again on making an outstanding Rifleman's score!!!  Excellent work on coming prepared, practiced and yet still bringing a teachable attitude!!!  It paid out 1000X!  Way to go sir!!! 

I hope you come back out to an event and try for the Distinguished Rifleman Patch as well (230 with iron sights).  You can easily make that since your highest score for your first event was so close to begin with.  Please bring family and friends to as many events as you can!  We need to spread the word!!!

P.S. -  Love the celebratory picture with your iron-sighted rifle and targets!!!

Chad - GenX Minuteman

Lopin’ Mule

Chad,
I'll be shooting the KD event in New Braunfels in March and I would like to pick your brain as I prepare.
I'm looking forward to shooting!
Gary
Rifleman - Alice, TX 2019
KD Rifleman - New Braunfels, TX 2020

JustKim

AWESOME Y'all!  Looks like you had a great shoot - can't wait to get back there -- great range, great instructors, great shooters!!  JustKim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan