News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Ft Worth, December 7, 2019

Started by Mercedes, December 10, 2019, 01:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercedes

:F What an AMAZING event with 12 Liberty Loving patriots!

The day started cool, mid-30s, and gradually warmed into the low 50s by the time we ended the last event at Quail Creek Range for 2019!

..:.. ..:.. ..:.. Another Shout Out to Quail Creek Range for their continued support of Project Appleseed. 

So, how did the day turn out...well, ... once again, Ft Worth was sold out and the line was full with 12 shooters, including two youth! Ten of our shooters had never attended an Appleseed event and two shooters were back for another chance to earn the Rifleman patch!  Once again, Major Pittcairn was proven correct, as "[we had] men amongst [us] who knew what they were about!"

Scot and Asher joined us from LaFayette, LA.  This was their first Appleseed event and after completing four AQTs, Scot scored Rifleman thrice!  Scot asked about holding events in LA and was told that when he can find the range and the shooters, Appleseed will provide the Instructors!  I know that everyone is ready for LA to be hosting Appleseed events again!

Juan, another first-timer, traveled to Dallas to attend a wedding and decided to "squeeze in" an Appleseed, also scored Rifleman on the last AQT of the day.   Juan will be scoping out events in WI and the areas surrounding Northern IL, and is interested in joining our Instructor cadre.

All of our shooters were attentive, applied each point of instruction, asked lots of questions, and said they would be back with their family and friends.

James E., a past SB/Instructor from CA who now lives in North Texas, joined us for the day.  His wisdom and heart brought tears to our eyes.  Thank you, Paul.Rome, for dressing up to bring history alive.  Condensing an event into one day is a challenge.  Tumbleweed, you kept the line moving as Line Boss so we were able to complete all of the prone POIs before breaking for lunch and then we were able to complete four (4) AQTs within a three hour period of time (including seating and standing POIs).   

My boo boo???? No pictures were taken, so I can't celebrate the smiles of our newly minted Riflemen!

Until we meet again on another journey along Battle Road!  Huzzah! 

JustKim

Sounds like you had an amazing Appleseed event!  Hope to work with you again some day!  JustKim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan