News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp, Albuquerque?

Started by Mrs. Smith, December 07, 2019, 10:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Hey, New Mexico!

Since we had an IBC in El Paso in the summer, how about we look at an IBC in the Albuquerque area in the spring?  They generally run as a Saturday/Sunday affair.

We'll need someone local to help recommend venues etc, AND.....

as an extra goodie to sweeten the pot, Ghostring has offered to come in a day early and conduct a Appleseed Pistol Clinic class on Friday, provided a range can be found and ya'll are available.    ^:)^

We'll need to setting on dates, and a venue for the IBC.  If any of you locals are willing and able to help with the venue, please make yourself known!

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

RJ.Mouse

Greetings,
     The Appleseed Pistol Clinic Class/Course (PPC) is very much a tempting carrot.

:) 
[A Rifleman is not born but is cast in the Rifleman's mold by other Riflemen.
A Rifleman's greatest honor comes with passing of skills, heritage, and
knowledge of obligations to those that will and must continue the war.
...]
~ Steve Anderson ~

sleepy

Tempting carrot indeed! I'll keep my eyes open, but if you set a date and happen to give me a nudge too, that's always helpful.

I'm looking to attend an IBC as a student; be a good refresher, plus updates on doctrine.

TaosGlock

I am waiting some dates for another IBC in CO again. Long Rifle is working on this with the CO SC.
But at this point it could work for me.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mrs. Smith

Need boots on the ground in ABQ to make this happen. Any takers?
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TaosGlock

We have used this range many times:
I don't recall what the classroom rental is.
But on day 2 with this amount of ranges we could do a live firing line/mock Appleseed
and Fri would handle the Pistol part due to the various of ranges.

http://www.cabq.gov/parksandrecreation/open-space/facilities/shooting-range-park

Features: Shooting Ranges & Facilities
Shooting Range Park offers the following facilities and challenging ranges in a scenic setting:
Rifle, pistol and muzzleloading
Hanging steel at 220, 550, and 750 yards
10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard targets
13 skeet ranges
2 trap ranges
Silhouette range (competition only)
2 public club houses (air conditioned)
Classrooms (for rent)
Refreshment areas
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

sleepy

What we really need to be doing is getting a shoot going to service Albuquerque's population. That is a demographic long under-served, especially given our cadre numbers within reasonable proximity.

And Dan, how is the city range? Can a whole range be rented? I tried following the link, but it died on me.

I have a lead on something south of ABQ, but it's slow going. Anything out east, say Moriarty-ish for ranges?

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: sleepy on December 12, 2019, 09:58:30 PM
What we really need to be doing is getting a shoot going to service Albuquerque's population. That is a demographic long under-served, especially given our cadre numbers within reasonable proximity.

And Dan, how is the city range? Can a whole range be rented? I tried following the link, but it died on me.

I have a lead on something south of ABQ, but it's slow going. Anything out east, say Moriarty-ish for ranges?

Wellsir, that would be part of the reason for a boot camp in that area; to help re-ignite the local cadre and give them the support they need to get the area active again.

I followed the link, but information is extremely limited.  I won't be able to call them until the end of next week, I'm afraid.  I go to work before they open and get out after they close  :slap:  I'll get on it as soon as I'm able!

desert_diver

Sorry for the late reply.  I would be interested in a weekend IBC in the ABQ area, if the timing works.  We have family in town for a couple weekends in March. 

Thanks,
Jon.

TaosGlock

After attending the Second Amendment rally in Santa Fe yesterday, I can assure you people are
ready and fired up to attend a shoot in Albuquerque.  This is based on the amount of folks our crew reached out to with our message.

So no better time for an IBC.

Mrs. Smith

Sleepy was doing some legwork for us to scout venues, but if someone local can help with that, it will be more effective. Any help is appreciated, and some input from the other ABQ area cadre would go a long way toward making this thing a reality!

TaosGlock