News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC in the Volunteer state

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, December 04, 2019, 09:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey y'all, just a heads up that we're in the planning stages for an IBC in February probably at the Stones River range near Nashville. This will be the usual 2 day IBC format with no live fire but we could since we'll be at a very nice range. The dates we're asking for would be Feb 8-9 or Feb 15-16. We should hear back from range management in a week or so. Project Appleseed has set a goal to have every active instructor attend an IBC before Patriot's Day so please pencil in these dates and plan to attend.
See you there.
Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

ArmyVet

I'm in !! Hoping for the 15th / 16th since the following Monday is a holiday :)
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Rustygun

Faramir

Would love to (and would also like to get back on the Appleseed trail), but law school will be back in session by then. Hoping to make some shoots either free weekends next spring or in the summer.

Ramblin' Wreck

The TN/KY/Other State IBC is on the schedule for Feb 15-16, 2020 at Stones River near Nashville.  Everyone should sign up as a student and I'll pick the instructors when we get closer to the event.
See you there.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Anvil

Looking forward to the training and working with other Instructors.  See ya'll there!

Ramblin' Wreck

Signups are improving. Please reach out to fellow cadre and invite them to attend.
Also, it would be very helpful if everyone coming to the event has a copy of the latest version of the instructor manual in hand for reference. I know it's a lot of paper and ink but it's the reference bible for the program.
Contact me with questions if you have any.
See you there.
Wreck

KyleC

I'm planning on coming up from Bama since I wasn't able to make the one in Huntsville. What are the recommended lodging options? I'm not familiar with the range at all.

Ramblin' Wreck

Haven't made a reservation yet. Maybe the locals can recommend a place.

Wreck

Quote from: KyleC on January 27, 2020, 08:15:13 PM
I'm planning on coming up from Bama since I wasn't able to make the one in Huntsville. What are the recommended lodging options? I'm not familiar with the range at all.

Nashville Stage

There are a fair number of hotels within an exit or two of the range on I-24. A quick look on Google Maps will show them, and they all appear to be in the $75-100/night range. I've never had need of them, so I don't have any personal recommendations to give. However, I would give a general suggestion to go south, towards the Smyrna / Sam Ridley parkway area, as that's a nicer part of town than the Bell Rd area to the north.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

KyleC

Quote from: Nashville Stage on January 28, 2020, 10:20:07 AM
There are a fair number of hotels within an exit or two of the range on I-24. A quick look on Google Maps will show them, and they all appear to be in the $75-100/night range. I've never had need of them, so I don't have any personal recommendations to give. However, I would give a general suggestion to go south, towards the Smyrna / Sam Ridley parkway area, as that's a nicer part of town than the Bell Rd area to the north.

Good to know, thanks!

undefined

Good advice.

Antioch is not the best part of town. Definitely do not leave valuables or firearms in your vehicle unattended.

Do we already have food sorted out? I'm attending and am local - I could smoke a brisket and bring it and some fixins for lunch if anyone is interested.

undefined

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on January 10, 2020, 10:33:29 AM
Signups are improving. Please reach out to fellow cadre and invite them to attend.
Also, it would be very helpful if everyone coming to the event has a copy of the latest version of the instructor manual in hand for reference. I know it's a lot of paper and ink but it's the reference bible for the program.
Contact me with questions if you have any.
See you there.
Wreck

Wreck - Could you send me a digital copy or a link to it?

Ramblin' Wreck

Wreck - Could you send me a digital copy or a link to it?
Absolutely! Drop me an email at ramblinwreck@me.com and I'll attach it to the reply.
Wreck

Ramblin' Wreck

IMO Brisket would be great on Saturday. I'll bet other locals could do the fixins and I'd chip in $$ toward the cost. Y'all talk amongst yourselves.  ;)
Heading to Gaston for the IBC. Call me if you need something. 423-580-4111. Leave a message if I don't answer because I wont if I don't recognize the number.
Wreck.

Quote from: undefined on January 31, 2020, 11:18:24 AM

Good advice.

Antioch is not the best part of town. Definitely do not leave valuables or firearms in your vehicle unattended.

Do we already have food sorted out? I'm attending and am local - I could smoke a brisket and bring it and some fixins for lunch if anyone is interested.

Nashville Stage

Hey, I'm good with that. Let me know what you'd like me to pitch in; I can bring food or cash. Historically, the TN cadre have been a rather independent bunch and we all bring our own lunch, but this would be a nice change of pace. Hopefully some other folks will chime in.

Google

Quote from: Nashville Stage on February 01, 2020, 11:45:52 AM

Hey, I'm good with that. Let me know what you'd like me to pitch in; I can bring food or cash. Historically, the TN cadre have been a rather independent bunch and we all bring our own lunch, but this would be a nice change of pace. Hopefully some other folks will chime in.

Smoked brisket sounds fantastic!  Also glad to pitch in cash or fixing. 

undefined

I don't mind buying, smoking, and bringing a brisket as long as it won't go to waste. If anyone wants to chip in $1 or $2 that's fine, but if not it really is no problem.

If we can get others to bring some basic side items like chips or slaw or potato salad that should provide for a nice lunch for everyone. If not, anyone that wants to enjoy a low carb diet can feast on brisket.  ;)

I do not want anyone to feel pressured to eat it if they don't want to, or to contribute any $. I encourage everyone to bring and eat whatever they want - either bring an appetite and eat some brisket, or bring some other food of your choosing.

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm in! I'll whip up some of my grandmother Bi-Lo's 's potato salad and bring a tub.   O0
I'm going to send out an easy homework assignment before the end of the day. Watch your inbox.

Wreck

Quote from: undefined on February 03, 2020, 01:42:14 PM

I don't mind buying, smoking, and bringing a brisket as long as it won't go to waste. If anyone wants to chip in $1 or $2 that's fine, but if not it really is no problem.

If we can get others to bring some basic side items like chips or slaw or potato salad that should provide for a nice lunch for everyone. If not, anyone that wants to enjoy a low carb diet can feast on brisket.  ;)

I do not want anyone to feel pressured to eat it if they don't want to, or to contribute any $. I encourage everyone to bring and eat whatever they want - either bring an appetite and eat some brisket, or bring some other food of your choosing.

KyleC

Working on the Homework Assignment now..

I'm really looking forward to the IBC weekend

undefined

Ramblin' Wreck

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

ArmyVet

If anyone has some empty stripper clips (5.56 / .223) they would be willing to part with I would sure appreciate it. If you are hoping to sell them, let me know about a price. I'm looking for 150 - 200 stripper clips please and thank you.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

ArmyVet

Just curious... I've never been to this facility. Is the classroom area heated? I only ask because the forecast for Saturday morning is 18 degrees and I want to make sure I am dressed appropriately if we are in spartan conditions.

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"

ArmyVet

Quote from: Tennessee Beast on February 11, 2020, 09:53:38 PM
Yes. It is a nice facility.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing it - I have not been there before.

Tennessee Beast

I would bring a coat in case any activities occur outdoors, though.  The room isn't huge and when we break into small groups, some groups may choose to go outside. 
John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Ramblin' Wreck

Listen up shooters!
Unfortunately my worst case scenario has happened and I will not be able to be at the IBC this weekend. It is a long sad tale but the short version is that we are selling property that has been on the market for 2 years and I have to make some improvements before next Monday and it's a multi-day job. I was really looking forward to the event and I'm sure I'll see everyone at some point in the near future. Google will be taking my place as Shoot Boss and having attended the IBC she ran in Huntsville last month, I can assure you that you'll be missing nothing except for my engaging charm and boyish good looks.

See you on the line soon.
Wreck
PS - Can someone else please pick up my grandmother's potato salad recipe from Kroger or Publix to go with undefined's brisket on Saturday? I'll send you the money.  ;)