News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

This could outlaw Appleseed in VA

Started by azmule, November 28, 2019, 10:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Monkey

Disheartening to be sure, but I'm not there yet.

There's much work to be done, both within and outside Appleseed.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Maximum Ordinate

This bill amends a law that's been on the books for years.  The amendment adds paragraph three:

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

I don't think our curriculum includes drilling, parading, or marching. 
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

colonial shooter

Nor are we training to cause disobedience. I think "No Worries"! I am glad I moved west to a free state years ago!!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

CountZero

https://youtu.be/CJQ3M2xcwv0

It also adds if you are training or being trained and later any party is creating a civil disorder, you're a felon

It's so vague, very hard to know exactly what this means. How do you say such person used what they learned at appleseed while creating a civil disorder? It just makes it harder to stay in the clear and exercise our rights.

CountZero

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on November 28, 2019, 11:47:17 AM
This bill amends a law that's been on the books for years.  The amendment adds paragraph three:

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

I don't think our curriculum includes drilling, parading, or marching.

Why can't we do this? What was the rationale for this change? I am stretching myself here trying to be a protectionist and say yup! That's wrong and dangerous so it needs to stop. Why would you stop militia from training? I will be at thanksgiving tonight with a bunch of commies, so I'll try to ask see what their responses are. Doubt it'll be anything worth mentioning, but IF they make a good case and my mind is blown I'll respond with that later. Don't expect much though

Maximum Ordinate

Why don't we drill, parade, or march with firearms? 

Good question.  The answer should be in every Saturday morning welcome speech across the country:

Project Appleseed is a history and marksmanship organization.  We teach the real events of April 19th, 1775 and the art of field shooting.  That's it and that's all.  We are not a militia and the only militias we talk about are those from 1775.  We see our Republic as a great and beautiful ship.  Our ship is taking on water.  There's no point in arguing whether our ship was struck by an iceberg on the port or starboard side.  It's pointless to argue which particular icebergs were the cause when we should be bailing.

For the program, this is an iceberg in the distance.  It's a distraction from our efforts to awaken fellow Americans to our shared heritage of Liberty.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

MaxOrd
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

StevenK

Hey AZ- thanks for the information.

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Jerry Hall

Dearest Project Appleseed,
Yes the preview of this proposed law is disheartening! So which of the "Boxes" do the fine folks of Virginia use to combat this egregious possibility?
The Soap box, the Letter box, the Jury box and the Ballot box! The general idea of Project Appleseed is to Stay on Message (SOM) and Stay on Mission (SOM). :sb:
Happy Trails,  :F
Jerry 
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

azmule

Of course we're not training to cause disobedience, but as anyone who has been paying any attention at all for the last couple of decades knows, what we think of ourselves doesn't matter nearly as much as what some ambitious prosecuter thinks he can paint us as to people carefully selected to not know any better.  This has got to go away.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda