News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Final Benediction

Started by Kimber Custom, November 27, 2019, 01:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

As many of you have heard, this is my final season with Project Appleseed. Empty nest is on the horizon and my wife needs her husband fully by her side.

My first event was Oct of 2010 with my 10yo and my father in law. It was a full line with Earl as SB and Wheeler44 instructing. Cliff, Dave and Griff were all orange hats. I left that event frustrated and exhausted - my daughter left with every target saved, written goals on the back of an AQT and a new passion for 'dad's hobby'. My FIL commented that there was another event next month right - why don't you sign us up for that one too. Earned my patch at that second event and felt a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Aug of 2012 I joined as an instructor. In the last 7 years I've done 134 events in OR, WA, ID, CA, MN, GA, KY, FL and WI. I've watched my whole family earn Rifleman patches and pick up buckets to join The Mission as Blue, Orange, Red and soon to be Green hats. I've made lifelong friendships with my fellow instructors. It's been said many times that some of the best people in the world are Appleseeders. It has been my honor to serve and work with you all over the years. There are so many memories and lessons learned, skills attained, passion ignited - you will be in my heart forever.

My final event will be Dec 14/15. I will remain on the forum for a little while to help transition Brad (P7) into the Regional Coordinator position and assist with the continued development of the Pistol Clinic.

I leave you with this final thought - you can't kill and idea; but you can let it die - liberty won't die on our watch.

Mark Davis

maxwell

Ben, those are good reasons to take a break. On a selfish note, I'm sad to hear this, as I don't think there's anyone who can lift that 55 gallon drum you've been bailing with. Your investment of time and treasure has been tremendous, and that actual, demonstrated passion for the cause of liberty has made a difference in the lives of everyone touched by Project Appleseed here in the PNW, as long as I've been involved. It's been a pleasure to learn from and work with you over the last four years, from IIT0 onward, though you're now about half the man you used to be. ;D

If you're ever over in Tri-Cities, let me know and we'll go hit the 1,000 yard range in some Rattlesnake Mountain wind.

Snow Snake

Ben,
I can truly say that it's been my pleasure to know you and we will be lessened by your leaving.I wish you all the best.         
      Ken      :(
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Jerry Hall

Thanks you for your service to the cause brother and Happy Trails, Jerry
:F   :snipersmi  :bow:  :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Brother Ben - thanks for all you've done. I know you'll be staying busy doing other things that are just as important as Appleseed.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Guntuckian

Thanks, Ben!  Your efforts have been wide reaching.  We'll leave the light on for you.  And, I know your new actions will be wide reaching, too.

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

JayB

Ben,
Thank you for your insights at the Nov. event, and I'm sorry I won't be there to say so long at the Dec. one.
Good luck!
Jay

TheMenace

Best of luck to you not-so-big-now Ben. You have been a pillar in the program and made considerable contributions. Sorry I never made it to one of your events in your area. My trips to Vancouver just never meshed. Maybe another time?
Best of luck to you in all you do.
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Texas T

I've followed things in the NW for quite a while, after spending about 44 years in the Portland area before relocating to Pittsburgh. I always enjoyed reading the write-ups on the Douglas Ridge club, as we would drive by that range on the way to Boy Scout camp, many moons ago.

That said, I wish you well. I hope that you find that your time away from the program leaves you time to miss it, and that you'll consider stepping back into it from time to time. As I'm certain you know (and have probably said to others), every little bit can help the cause.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

BeSwift

We cannot thank you enough for all you've done for the program... I'm honored to have had the opportunity to work with you on the same team, in our efforts to save our Nation. You've made a difference, and that's far more than most can say, after a lifetime on this planet....That's not blowing smoke.. that's legit... THANK YOU  :bow: :bow: :bow:     BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

AmbulanceDriver

Ben, it's been a privilege and an honor to work 'seeds with you in the past, and I fully understand your reasons for taking a hiatus.  I'm dealing with much the same reason, just at the other end of the time line (three daughters 5 and under) and much as I have wanted to get back involved with the program (and I do still encourage people to come to events every time I am able to) right now my family and their needs must be attended.  It is my hope that as my girls get old enough, we are able to do much like what you and your daughters have done.  As others have said, your shoes will be hard to fill, and that bucket has seen a lot of bailing over the years.  You have done the Northwest Region and Appleseed as a whole proud as an instructor, shoot boss, and Regional Coordinator.  Enjoy that time with your family, you have certainly earned it.   Maybe we'll get an opportunity to be on the line again together, maybe not.  But I still look at that photo of you presenting me my known distance rocker, both of us looking like drowned rats, me grinning like an idiot, and I can't help but smile.  There is a joy that comes from being on that line, and being able to point to that and say, yeah, I learned how to do that from Appleseed.

Appleseed folks really are some of the best in the world.  And you are certainly a fine example of the best of Appleseed.  Thank you for your time, your energy, your sweat, your devotion, and your dedication to Appleseed and what it represents. 

cornhskr

Glad to have met you and to have been under your instruction this month in Redmond.  Thank you for helping me patch. 

Flipper

The Northwest won't be the same without you dad. I'm so very greatful that we found this program and that I get to continue investing in it. I'm going to miss doing events with you a lot, but I'm ready to move forward and see who else is going to step up in the northwest Region.

I love you
Flipper

sleepy

Wow! Sorry to see you go, but thanks for all of your efforts. You seriously made a difference, both for Appleseed and me personally.

Looking forward to the moment when your wife gets sick of you being around all of the time and makes you sign up for a shoot. And be sure to bring her with you LOL!

FourFans

This day is closer for me than I'd like to think of. Enjoy the earned rest knowing you made a difference. And that NO ONE can take that away.
-- RESPECT
  FourFans
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

ctorg

Hey,

I just wanted to give a quick shout out and thank you to you for being so heavily involved and doing so much for the organization. I wanted to especially personally thank you for being so helpful to me.

The passion and dedication you brought are infectious, and you will be missed in your absence / hiatus.

Best wishes! Corey T