News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka KD 11-23-2019

Started by PHenry, November 25, 2019, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Great people, great weather, great venue - who could ask for more?

As we could not gain access to the 600 yard range on Saturday, we spent a lot of time working on the basics and as it turns out - that was a great idea. We revealed eight full distance Riflemen out of 13 shooters. Might be the best percentage I have ever experienced as a shoot boss.

Here are the scores:

Travis     46/50
Ken        45/50
Steve     44/50
Kevin      44/50
AJ           42/50
Charlie   42/50
Scott      41/50
Jeff         41/50

Dang near ran me out of patches they did! Scott, a former Army Ranger even taught me how to do a proper military push up. It has cut my total in half, but clearly offers a better workout.

We are already working on a date for next year and Lord willin, I'll be there. If you need a long distance fix sooner - head up to the Isaac Davis Memorial Range in Tallahassee for the RBC January 26 - 31. I am planning on attending myself as it is the premier event of the year.

Many thanks to all of the shooters and instructors - especially Stone Knives and Scuba Steve who did all of the work whilst I sat and enjoyed my cigar.  ^-^

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

Sounds like a fantastic event. Wish I coulda seen it firsthand.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

KawGirl

Photos to share. Good one of Bryan.
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

KawGirl

closeup
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Minutemom

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

sleepy

To those who haven't been, the Myakka KD is time well spent. There's a big focus on education, and the company couldn't have been better.

The range is really nice, and the cadre have organized things so the shooters can really focus on shooting.