News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What new locations are you all looking at?

Started by funfaler, February 14, 2009, 02:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

OK, what new locations are we putting forth an effort to hold events at? 

There is the Jefferson Gun Club, not a bad location for Louisville...

Must be several more that we can make some contact with.

Any word on the fella in Clay City that has offered his land?  That would be just spitting distance from Lexington.

There is some rumors of some private land near Hopkinsville, that may become available.

Goodness folks, nearly 40 ranges listed here http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=KY I imagine we could get one or two of them to take on some Appleseed Shoots.

As I was doing some research on the 4H folks, looked like some of the counties have 4H ranges, may be worth looking into.

Let's get the word out to these facilities, even if they don't say "Rifle range" on them, they should be contacted anyway, all they can say is "we don't do rifles", then ask them if they do American Heritage  ;)

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

MANSKER

FF-
TALKED WITH A GENTLEMAN TODAY THAT HAS PROPERTY IN PARK CITY-15 MILES NW OF GLASGOW AND HE IS INTERTESTED IN HAVING AN APPLESEED THERE.
WE WILL BE LOOKING AT IT HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK AND GET THE PROCESS ROLLING.
HARLAN-WILL BE TALKING WITH A PASTOR IN HARLAN-NOT EITHER OF THE PREVIOUS LOCATIONS, A NEW IMPROVED ONE ACCORDING TO OUR FRIEND TONY-FOR THE NEW LOCATION MONDAY-WILL VISIT AND IF SUITABLE WILL BE HAVING HIM FILL OUT A HOST APP AND EPI.
THAT'S WHAT I HAVE WORKING TODAY.
ANYONE ELSE?
MANSKER
"I came-I saw-I conquered!"---JULIUS
Many men die years before they are buried-I plan to live until I die-and that unexpectedly!