News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels (San Antonio) KD AAR - Nov 16-17, 2019

Started by PaleRider, November 20, 2019, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

What a beautiful weekend to be shooting a KD in South Texas! Perfect weather, and great attitudes! All of our shooters were knocking at the door using battle sight zero and we scored two new KD riflemen and one re-qualification. Congratulations, Chad and Brandon on getting your awesome Texas KD patches! And congratulations to Crystal for winning the ranging exercise and scoring a really cool (if I do say so myself) .50 cal bottle opener!

Thanks so much to the history presenters, Rick, Chad, Padraic....and especially Paul who dressed the part! Take a look at the pics!

Come join us for a KD in the Spring or Fall next year! Central Texas Silueta Association has leased the range for another 5 years, so we're good to go!   ^:)^
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Captain

Dang you Texas and your elitist patches  :) Seriously, great pictures - looks like you had another fantastic event!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

sleepy

Always a treat to come shoot in New Braunfels, even if I can't hit the broad side of a barn and earn that danged elitist Texas KD patch. It was a fantastic event!

Ghostring

Holy Smokes! Chad got his patch!!  ^:)^

Congratulations guys, another super shoot in on the books!
And a 5 year lease - HUZZAH!!!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Jerry Hall

Hey Y'all,
Looks like y'all had another fine event out there, wish I could have made it.
I was busy trying to hit the broad side of the barn, from the inside...  :slap:
I may be seeing you all again soon.
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Glad to hear we'll still have KDs there for the next 5.

With the new KD range Jerry got going in El Paso and the soon to be open Temple range we'll have 3 KD ranges here in Texas.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

paul.rome

Great KD,

Tim runs an outstanding event.  Congrats to Chad (with iron sights) and Brandon (that man can really shoot) on earning their KD patches.

Paul

TXBootGirl

My first KD event!  But not my last ;D.  In the hunt now for a new rifle.  YIPPEE!!!  :~  Tim ran an amazing event.  And that range is really great.  I learned so much and even as a non-math person, and understood most of it...  I think.  I'm excited to open my first bottle of bubbly with that awesome 50 cal bottle opener won doing math!  :beer:  Every shooter there was so nice and helpful in every way.  Thank you all.  It was great to see Chad and Brandon get their patch.  I'M NEXT! 

GenX Minuteman

Thank you everyone and all Appleseed Instructors (Tim, Paul, Padrick, Debbie, Rick and Jerry)!!!  It took me a few times to make KD Rifleman, but your encouragement helped me persist and push on!!!!  I was happy to see I made KD on hits count (40) and score (208) with iron sights.  Glad I could do it before my eye sight starts slipping too bad.  What was great to see was Brandon who got his KD patch on Saturday using optics and then came back on Sunday and gave it a shot with iron sights as well!!!!  He was even using the Magpul Backup Sights, not a carry handle sight system.  Great way to accept a challenge and push your skills to a new level!  Hope to see you back on the line soon Brandon!  Way to go Sir!

Also, during the weekend some of the shooters participated in a range estimation exercise.  They were asked to range different items based upon fictitious object widths.  The iron sighted shooters actually did very well, considering the inherent limit of accurate measuring ability with iron sights.  The overall winner of the ranging competition was Crystal who nailed almost every range within 10-15 yrds.  Way to go Crystal!!!  Her prize was the much coveted 50BMG bottle opener.  Congratulations again Crystal!

GenX Rifelman - Chad Stovell

TXBootGirl