News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco - Nov 16/17

Started by BillJac, November 19, 2019, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillJac

This was our annual Trail Life shoot.  This year we hosted 40 young men from this organization.  Half of them were 11 or 12.  I went into it with a little anxiety.  But man, these kids stepped up to the plate and acquitted themselves admirably.

What a pleasure it was to participate in this event!

Post up your pic!  I know they're out there.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

CokeGuy

Thoroughly enjoyed my entire two days with the Texas instructor cadre, and especially with the wonderful Trail Life folks, young and old! What a great outing for these young men to experience not only how to safely enjoy shooting sports but also to hear some history of how our country started...of when our forefathers and mothers decided they were no longer British, but now Americans.

I am hopeful that a national association with Trail Life can be undertaken. From my perspective, there is a common agenda. Thanks, Gugisman and BillJac for your dedication to both programs!.
CokeGuy

scuzzy

Great youngsters! There is hope for this country.

And thanks for coming and helping Everett. It was nice to hang out with you this last weekend. Tell everybody in Georgia howdy for us.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

What a great group of young men indeed!   :F

Captain

Holy smokes! THAT's what I call a firing line! So what was the "running exercise" I saw in the photos?
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

scuzzy

Quote from: Captain on November 21, 2019, 05:23:30 PM
Holy smokes! THAT's what I call a firing line! So what was the "running exercise" I saw in the photos?

LOL - the scout leaders decided to make them do some PT since they needed a break from the firing line due to a few of them not paying attention. I got a kick out of it. They would start running and the team leader would yell 'Freeze' - and thus the odd looking stances.

They were such a great bunch of youngsters.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Jerry Hall

Looks like a blast to me!  ^:)^
I agree, that is a significant firing Line. Haven't been on one like that in a long time...
Great to see the youth of this great country receiving our instruction.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."