News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin GA AAR Nov. 16-17, 2019

Started by Morpheus, November 19, 2019, 09:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

This was one of the best weather weekends for an Appleseed that I have ever experienced in GA! We had 14 shooters bright and early to get this event started and it was a pleasure to meet them all.

Saturday morning's Redcoat target told us that we had a bit of work to do to get these fine folks traveling down the path to become Riflemen, and so we turned on the firehose of knowledge and dug right in to the Steady Hold Factors with sling use in the prone position. The morning was spent teaching and building the three pillars of marksmanship: Steady Hold Factors, The Six Steps of Firing the Shot, and Natural Point of Aim. The target line was showing that many of the shot groups were getting smaller and so we heard about IMC (Inches/Minutes/Clicks) and how to bring those groups on target. At lunch we heard the First Strike of the Match, and then we got back into shooting the squares. The afternoon was busy with practicing the seated/kneeling positions, mag changes, and some practice transitions. During our break we heard the Second Strike of the Match and then went into our first AQT for the weekend. The afternoon Redcoat target showed significant improvement and the day was brought to a close with the Third Strike of the Match.

Sunday started out even more beautiful than the previous morning and the shooters showed up early to get a start on the day. The morning Redcoat showed some great groups and we then went to the squares targets for some review before getting in an early AQT. The shooters seemed encouraged by the Ball and Dummy exercise before lunch were we heard some great stories of Dangerous Old Men and Gallant Women. The AQTs shot after lunch revealed some great results! Congratulations to Luke(225) and Jordan(210) for earning their first Rifleman patches at their first Appleseed!! Huzzah! We also had a number of re-qualifying scores from a return Rifleman(woman)- Carol shot a 221, 220, and a few other fine scores above 210! Huzzah!

Thank you all for your attendance this weekend and your eagerness to learn. And, hopefully, your interest in our Nation's history was kindled, and that of the price that was paid for Liberty. Remember the 7th Step! I hope that you are eager to share your experiences with others!

Thank you also to the instructors who took time from their busy lives to help this weekend. The success of this shoot lies with you!!

In liberty,

Morpheus
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Jord

This was a great learning experience for my brother and myself and I personally can't wait to try my hand at a KD event soon with my AR.