Author Topic: Instructor Boot Camp - Planning and Logistics for the Southwest Region  (Read 971 times)

Online Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • TANSTAAFL!
Good Morning, All!  Happy Veterans' Day and Happy Birthday to the United States Marines!  Have you thanked a Vet today?

A directive has been issued by Maximum Ordinate and the AOC to have as many cadre as possible attend and IBC BEFORE  Patriots' Day weekend 2020. The eastern half of Texas and Louisiana are covered by the annual IBC in the Waco, TX, area, so I'm primarily addressing West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado.  Colorado had an IBC quite recently, so the folks who attended that event are pretty covered.

Now for the REST of us....

El Paso, TX, is fairly centrally located to most of the remaining region;  4 hours from Albuquerque, 4 hours from Tuscon, 6 hours from Phoenix, all reasonable drives for us western states dwellers.  The venue rocks, there are campgrounds and hotels proximate to the venue, etc.  The El Paso Community College Law Enforcement Training Academy has been very good to Project Appleseed over the years, and their schedule of availability is pretty flexible.  The first weekend of each month is potentially a problem, but they'll work with us for almost any date.

Dates.

We're looking at booking a weekend some time from late February to early April.  Spring break is probably not a good time, (middle week of March) and Easter weekend is April 10-12.  I'll post a poll, and we'll go from there.

You can look at the thread for the July event to see the basics of the event structure.

We need input from YOU to make this work for as many people as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Traci Fuller
NM State Coordinator

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:42:33 AM by Mrs. Smith »
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
Re: Instructor Boot Camp - Planning and Logistics for the Southwest Region
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
Ok well, it looks like we have very little interest in an IBC in El Paso in the spring.

What about the Albuquerque area?  You guys haven't had one in a LONG time.  How would you feel if we brought the IBC to you?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

Rifleman 5/29/16

Offline WhitePaladin

• Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 07:29:28 PM »
Chiming in here.  When I first read this thread, my thought was to allow the IIT0's, IIT1's, and IIT2's to chime in first.  Plus the Red Hats and Green Hats too.  Honestly, any weekend that far out is fine with me.  My schedule is wide open.  I will likely just block the time off in my calendar. 

I suspect asking people to choose a specific weekend might not get the best response.  I believe asking if there are weekends that absolutely won't work will probably get a better response. 

-Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 07:35:27 PM by WhitePaladin »

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 10:49:25 PM »
Chiming in here.  When I first read this thread, my thought was to allow the IIT0's, IIT1's, and IIT2's to chime in first.  Plus the Red Hats and Green Hats too.  Honestly, any weekend that far out is fine with me.  My schedule is wide open.  I will likely just block the time off in my calendar. 

I suspect asking people to choose a specific weekend might not get the best response.  I believe asking if there are weekends that absolutely won't work will probably get a better response. 

-Chris

Well, bearing in mind that the El Paso crew JUST had one, it makes sense to consider doing Albuquerque and Arizona separately. None of them were able to make it to ours in July, and my guys are kind if "again already?"  ;D

Rifleman 5/29/16

Offline WhitePaladin

• Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:37:48 PM »
Well, bearing in mind that the El Paso crew JUST had one, it makes sense to consider doing Albuquerque and Arizona separately. None of them were able to make it to ours in July, and my guys are kind if "again already?"  ;D

Oh!  Disregard my comment then.  I thought you were just going off the results to the poll up above and the lack of comments on this thread.  LOL!

Yeah, definitely, Arizona and Albuquerque need an IBC.  11+ hours to Waco from Albuquerque. 

-Chris

Offline WhitePaladin

• Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 11:39:17 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is the average distance people were willing to drive to the IBC in El Paso?

-Chris

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 11:44:17 PM »

Oh!  Disregard my comment then.  I thought you were just going off the results to the poll up above and the lack of comments on this thread.  LOL!

Yeah, definitely, Arizona and Albuquerque need an IBC.  11+ hours to Waco from Albuquerque. 

-Chris

Besides you, and Rob from Colorado? Roswell was the furthest away. Never heard from Arizona, and the Abq crew were unavailable.

Ghostring has already offered to spearhead both events, and he has a little something up his sleeve to sweeten the deal, if it can be worked out

Rifleman 5/29/16

Offline WhitePaladin

• Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 11:53:20 PM »
Besides you, and Rob from Colorado? Roswell was the furthest away. Never heard from Arizona, and the Abq crew were unavailable.

Alright.  That's about four hours.  I was hoping for more.  That's the distance you can reasonably make on Friday or Sunday night without taking time off from work.

Ghostring has already offered to spearhead both events, and he has a little something up his sleeve to sweeten the deal, if it can be worked out

Something to sweeten the deal?  More of his outrageously hilarious jokes?   ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:11:03 AM by WhitePaladin »

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 12:21:02 AM »

Alright.  That's about four hours.  I was hoping for more.  That's the distance you can reasonably make on Friday or Sunday night without taking time off from work.

Something to sweeten the deal?  More of his outrageously hilarious jokes?   ;D

As fantastic as those stories are, it's BETTER, but I should let him spill the beans

Rifleman 5/29/16

Offline WhitePaladin

• Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 12:58:30 AM »
As fantastic as those stories are, it's BETTER, but I should let him spill the beans

I'm looking forward to it! 

Offline Jerry Hall

• designated Shoot Boss
  • AKA: Don Jerry -R.E.D.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 04:28:23 PM »
12 miles or 12 minutes, which ever comes first... >:D

Out of curiosity, what is the average distance people were willing to drive to the IBC in El Paso?

-Chris
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."