News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Boulder, CO 11/2-3/2019

Started by HapHapablap, November 04, 2019, 01:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HapHapablap

Another great shoot at the Boulder Rifle Club in Boulder, CO! Thanks for the club for hosting us again.

Only four shooters turned out for some shootin' and heritage, but they were hearty ones.

Both mornings started in the low-20s, and the range had a couple inches of snow on the ground. Temperatures rose to the high-40s by midday.  Typical for Colorado in November. Melting snow made for some wet and muddy areas, but Riflemen persist.

We battled the requisite mechanical issues for much of Saturday morning, but after we slayed that beast we saw great improvements in group size. With lunch came the telling of the Three Strikes, and then we rolled into some more shooting and instruction.

On day two, we unfortunately lost two of our shooters, but gained a returning Appleseeder. At lunch, however, all of our shooters had to leave. We seized the opportunity to do some instructor shooting, and of the three instructors who attempted an AQT, all three re-qualified.

Thanks to BRC, our tough as nails shooters, and our intrepid instructors for coming out and making it a great weekend.
Do good, recklessly.

HapHapablap

It's nice when one of your instructors is a professional photographer.  O0 Thanks, Kenshi!

Do good, recklessly.

Captain

What a fun event. The weather started of cold and then did the typical Colorado afternoon warmup until it was downright comfortable. I managed to get some photos of everyone but I'm going to have to watch at least one more YouTube video until they are on par with Kenshi's awesome pictures. 

History and Marksmanship

HapHapablap and the "6 Steps"

The Regulars are out!

Boston gives Luminous Rabbit some tips for prone

Boston's instruction seems to help

Jerome stops by Sunday . . .237!!

Stop moving!

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Captain

The whole Saturday gang working on prone.

Mats in the mud for tough shooters!

Standing position

Appleseed veteran!

David killing some "bell" targets

The "Chicken Wing"

"I only need one finger to hold this rifle"

Captain

Everyone worked on seated and prone . . .

Using the force?

Chris on Stage 4

Taildragger talkin' some prone

Boston shootin' it

Why did everyone move away from me?

Ready for the Army Qual!

"Sitting" - now what?

I should get my elbow down . . .

sleepy

Looks like a blast! Had I not been otherwise committed....

Captain

Yeah it was a good event and we even had time for instructors to get on the line. From what I heard, we may have had a little warmer weather than you did up in Laramie  :) I'd offer up Colorado's final event of the year in Denver on Nov. 23-24, but I believe you're leaving us for warmer weather   :-[

TaosGlock

Outstanding job guys! Great pics too!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose