News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer MI, Oct 26-Oct 27, 2019 AAR

Started by Super Trooper, October 28, 2019, 11:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Trooper

What a great weekend of watching marksmanship improve and history being shared.  The cold of Saturday, then wind and persistent drizzle Sunday morning didn't dampen spirits even if wet targets occasionally blew away.

Congratulations to our newest rifleman Rich, and to Tom for re-qualifying.  John once again you were knocking on the door to a patch with 205 and 206, persistence and practice will pay off soon.  Tori, hope your elbow is feeling better soon, position shooting takes a little while to get used to.
A great big huzzah for JW stepping up and taking an orange hat.  He was gracious enough to be put to work on Sunday.

We saw great improvement all weekend in groups and scores from everyone, I know many of you are already keeping a constant eye on next years events being posted.  They should be up soon.

Thanks to Lapeer County Sportsman's Association for the use of their first class pistol building.  An outdoor heated line is a treasured luxury on a cold day.

I also want to thank the top notch instructor team we had, you make a shoot boss' job easy.  T.Wolf handled Sunday like a champ.

I'll see you on the Liberty Road, until next time.  :F
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

mrsurplus

Can't say anything about how things went on Saturday, but Sunday was sure a lot of fun. Thank goodness it never rains on an Appleseed  ;D

Nothing better then starting the day off by handing out a new hat. Congratulation to JW! Welcome to one of the greatest families you will ever be a part of.

A wonderful group of shooters who never got flustered even when their targets were constantly being blown off the backers and their elbows were being rubbed raw by the soft and cushy cement floor. Riflemen persist no matter what is thrown at them.

John, don't get frustrated, you are so close all you need to do is smooth out your transition stages and you will get there.

Lorenzo, remember that one pure shot you had on stage four of the second AQT. It was right in the 5X ring. Concentrate on what you felt right then and it will come even easier to you next time. Also remember to keep the trigger back, even when shifting your NPOA and this will help too.

Thank you to all who came out an braved the elements. We really appreciate the support.

I look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon.

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

T. WOLF

Another great event at Lapeer County Sportsman's Club! Thank you to all of the shooters who joined us on the firing line - it was great working with all of you! I wish the weather had been more cooperative on Sunday morning, but I'm glad we were still able to pack in some AQT's that afternoon and shoot the Garand (thanks MrSurplus!)

Rich - it was great to see you earn that coveted Rifleman patch! Your focus and determination over the past few events has been inspiring - I was glad to see it finally pay off for you  ^:)^

John - you're not far behind him, buddy! I know you'll see it through.
JW - proud of you for stepping up and look forward to seeing you develop as an instructor in training. Nice job on Sunday. Let me know if you have any questions. It would be great to see you at the next IBC.

Lots of pictures here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wEH4sevKkETjy3eE7
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Miki

What a fun weekend. It is surely my pleasure to have the opportunity to meet and work with all of you. Hope to see you on the line again soon!