News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kimball - Blue Water Sportsman MI Oct 26-Oct 27, 2019 AAR

Started by Superheat, October 28, 2019, 09:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

The Appleseed spirit of Marksmanship and Heritage is alive and well in Kimball, Michigan!
I would like to thank the instructors that worked this event, Waveman, Tick Wrangler, Thread and Lead and ITB.  Your efforts were greatly appreciated.
Also, thanks to Blue water sportsmens association for allowing us to hold this event.  They are truly a premiere shooting facility.
Congratulation to Stark for getting his Orange hat. 
Scott and Brian earned their Rifleman patches.  T-Rex requalified again as a Riflewoman.  O0 O0 O0

Chris and Kyle shot really well.  It won't be long until you will be getting your patch.
Steve and Ron showed perseverance, you guys did really well too.
Cam left early on Sunday, but I know we will see you again.  You did miss the nice weather.  There was about 2 hours of sunshine Sunday afternoon.

Lets do it again soon. 

Peter.

ThreadNLead "TL"

What a great event! I always have fun at Appleseeds, and this time was no different!

Congratulations to the riflemen (and woman). Those of you who are close....dry fire is free! :)  ;) ;)

Welcome aboard Stark! Thanks for stepping up and taking an Orange Hat! Can't wait to work the line with you again!

I'm going to get a little serious here for a minute. (Guess I'm in a serious mood...)
Appleseeds are a BLAST to be at (as a student and instructor).  The History is always phenomenal. But if I don't take what I learned home, it was just a fun weekend. If I don't practice the positions, transitions, and dry fire, then it was just a great weekend on the range. If I dont think about the history and what it REALLY took to become a FREE COUNTRY, then it was just a great story I heard once.
When I leave an Appleseed, I think about how I felt in that sitting position versus kneeling. I think about keeping my elbow under the rifle and feeling that sling snug right up. I practice holding the trigger back (follow through and call my shot).
I THINK about that history I heard. I mull over how those men and women felt and what they went through. I think about my country and what it would have been without those great men and women. I think about God's hand in the formation of the Declaration of Independence...
And I truly think about what I, little 5 foot me, CAN do to KEEP this country FREE. I may never have to pick up a musket to defend myself but I can still fight for my freedoms.

There's my 2 cents for the day... now, as always....

:pics:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1Glt9Q4L1GOtuic9p--vh7v_bNOyaOkI8
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

Tick Wrangler

Well said TL!

I could not possibly follow that post, so I will simply leave with an offering of conratulations to our new and requalifying rifleman and riflewoman, and a hearty thank you to Stark for stepping up to preserve liberty.

Equipment failures can be frustrating and disappointing so here is some information given to me by one of our awesome redhats, Rangerat. Im sure it will be beneficial to some of you.

http://imgur.com/a/P4nJevd

See you on the range,
Tick wrangler

"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd

FC1

To Superheat, TL, Tick Wrangler, T-Rex, ITB and fellow Appleseed Students,
   What a great weekend of history and skills development.  In spite of the equipment issues, rain and mud I think I inched closer to qualifying as a Rifleman.  You instruction, support and loan of equipment allowed me to practice my steady hold factors and the 6 steps to making the shot where I started to see progress in my shot groups.  I am really excited to continue to develop my skills and earn that elusive Rifleman Patch.  Practice practice practice!
   The history lessons always humble me as to the enormous sacrifice and dedication our founding Mothers and Fathers had when establishing this great nation.  I only can hope that as I am called, I can muster up the courage and conviction to do the same.  I am in awe of them and you as well as you preserve this heritage and pass it along to keep it alive.  Thank you.
   I look forward to attending more Appleseed Events in the coming year and I plan to bring more participants with me.
Chris (FC1) :F :snipersmi

ITB

What a great bunch of shooters.  Everyone had positive attitudes, despite Mother Nature's best efforts to the contrary.

Chris (FC1) summed it up perfectly - practice, practice, practice.  Shooting is a perishable skill, especially as you are first learning to utilize/acquire proper NPOA.

I hope to see all of you again on the Appleseed trail!

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23