News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell Gun Club - Saturday November 2nd Boy Scout campout weekend.

Started by Crazyduckhunter, October 28, 2019, 08:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

This weekend the local Boy Scout troop in Orwell, Ohio is having a campout at the Orwell Gun Club. The troop will be camping out the whole weekend on the club grounds. On Saturday, the club will be providing lunch and the members will have the trap range and rifle range open for the scouts to work on their merit badges. They have asked me to assist the troop on the rifle range. The troop is providing their own BSA certified instructors for both the trap and rifle ranges.

The scout leader also asked if I would give a short presentation during lunch.  :F
This scout leader is part of the High School trap team and has previously heard at least one strike earlier this year during a regular AS weekend. I plan to relate marksmanship to our shared history. I will pass out some try-folds and hopefully I have enough red coat targets to pass out to everyone also.

No help is needed for this. I just thought I would post this here for information purposes only. Always looking for a way to make sure the lines are filled at Orwell for AS events.

CDH

EZ3

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

BamaFan7

"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Charles McKinley

When you become a Shootboss you can order as many Redcoats as you need! ~~:) ;D ~~:) :cool2: >:D
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

Event is in the books. I would have to say that all the scouts had a great time. After lunch I had about 10 minutes to give a short presentation on our message of history/heritage. A very short overall of project apple seed and the second strike and Daniel Morgan. Basically how our heritage relates to marksmanship.

All of the scouts had the opportunity to shoot 13 rounds at the red coat target at their required 50 foot distance. There were two scouts that almost cleared it! One of them only missed 1 round at the 400yd and the shingle! Very impressive!

Passed out try-folds and sent them all home with a red coat target and a bunch of smiles. Hopefully some of them will be joining us for a event next year.

The scout master was trying to explain how to shoot: Pulled out our diagnosing a shot sheet and ended up going through the 6 steps of firing a shot with them. I think the scout master will be back for more.