News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Chino Valley, Az. Oct. 26, 2019

Started by pennys dad, October 27, 2019, 10:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

AAR - Chino Valley, Az. Oct. 26, 2019

Hi Everyone

One Day Appleseed @

The Compass Training Center     
Chino Valley, AZ
October 26, 2019

Is in the books and it was an Awesome Day! Wow, we had 12 students show for the Appleseed and 12 students hear the 3 strikes and 12 hard working students put down range 170+ rounds of ammunition. We had (1) student with an M40 Remington 700 bolt-action rifle, modified by USMC armorers, real deal 1960's version and he shot it single action (one shot at a time). We had a beautiful 243 bolt action on the line and a half and half draw or 22's and AR15's.
It was a great day for shooting and learning and listening and watching.
Our new range The Compass Training Center was awesome they placed us on a two hundred yard range and provided solid support for us to run a successful class.

Well we got a 245 AQT score, yes you are reading that correct. He not only got his patch but also got the Distinguished patch. Oh and I think we got an Orange hat as well.
We had one student a 14 year old, that improved and hit a very respectable 150's score.
We had father/son, daddy/daughter, friends and mostly everyone seemed to know each other.
Knowing this the telling of the 3 Strikes took on special direction.
I believe in community and I believe the three strikes are a modern day example of God making a nation in one day. So telling the strikes with this group of students lead me down the path of emphasizing that April 19th 1775 was a day when families, fathers and son's, fathers, mothers and daughters, friends and community acquaintances stood shoulder to shoulder and said together we are watching, we are fighting back, Fire. We are awesome, God bless us :-)
Ok, oh my goodness, i get way to excited about telling the history of April 19th 1775.

:pics:       I agree and I will have pictures ready on Monday.

Cya Monday

pennys dad

245 Score

Link to youtube:  https://youtu.be/2jKF8nbonuc