News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Gibsonburg, OH. 10-26/27-2019

Started by Blindman, October 27, 2019, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

there are just some shoots that reaffirm my faith.
  I wont' lie, as I watched the radar and counted down the minutes until the icy October rain closed on us, I was wondering if we would even have a line on Sunday. But even as the rain was coming down, my eager group of shooters was asking for one more AQT, or one more turn on the clock.
    My intrepid group of instructors, Cadence, Third Degree, Headhunter and Joe, the apple core did a great job on a long line that might have proven a challenge to a lesser crew. Special thanks to all of you.
    Redcoats showed great promise and continued to through the weekend.       

#    100 200 300 400 Sh  cl
sat
   am    22    14   7   5     1     5   1 ( Allison Schultze)
   pm     10     6   3  3     2      2   2    Allison, Al Field)
sun
   am      18    13  9  4  3  2    0
  pm       16    12  6  2   2  4   2

Saturday, as said was a race against time as a storm closed in on us. even as the rain closed on us, the shooters were eager to return to the firing line "one more time", over and over until the hardest of the chill rain came and we retired to shelter for the second and third strikes before adjorning for an evening of rust prevention and maintenance.
Sunday was the ever popular grind as winds swept the line, AQT's showed the progress of the line and after lunch, Appleseed alumni Steve Thompson joined the line and allowed the shooters to attempt to utilize their skills with a original Birmingham Lewis Gun in a welcome break before returning to the AQT grind. at the end of the day, the shooters showed their mastery of the rifleman's arts by carving jack o lanterns with rifle fire in the Gibsonburg tradition.
  With Several rifleman knocking on the door, I know we will be seeing familiar faces on the line in the coming year,
  Allison Schultze took her coveted patch home with beck to back qualifying targets - great job Allison.

Aim Small, Miss Small
Blindman
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Dehydrator

Thanks again for a Great time! Jack and I have been talking about all we learned to everyone we encounter. Looking forward to coming back soon. I hope to read your books before our next meeting. We listen to a local talk radio that freely advertises nonprofits. Perhaps it might be a good electric megaphone for Appleseed? Thanks again, Steve

Cadence

Here are my pictures from the event just to prove it actually happened.

Many thanks to Steve Thompson of ADCO firearms in Sylvania, OH for bring a piece of fantastic history (Lewis Machine Gun) for everyone to try.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

A few more pictures.

Hope a few of the attendees will post pictures/comments.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Mutant Texan

Last weekend looked like it was a lot of fun!  Was the woman in the first picture the only one to make 210 or better?  I am not surprised that she earned a patch.  She did quite well at a Camp Perry shoot.

Big shout out to the Oak Harbor Conservation Club members!  I miss Ohio a lot and the OHCC!

Ya'll should have another Winterseed at Liberty Center.

"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

Cadence

Yes, Allison was the only new rifleman score which she did on her first AQT, but backed ir up with additional rifleman scores. Found out at the end of the day she was an NRA smallbore shooter. Also cleared every redcoat of the weekend!  O0

Winterseed at Liberty Center is on the schedule for 2020 if you can make it!  :))
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Wow, looks like a great event.  Here is to all that braved the elements and worked through the process.  Huzzah.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!