News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels (San Antonio) KD AAR - Oct 19-20, 2019

Started by PaleRider, October 25, 2019, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

Well, we had a great day out at the Central Texas Siueta Association in New Braunfels! Not a huge line but a very fun one! Great shooting by everyone! We had three new KD riflemen! Congrats, Padraic, Gerald, and Chris! AND we had three re-qualify -- dead-eyes Kirby, Shawn, and Dwight!  :snipersmi

It was hot, but even those who didn't qualify did really well! Kiera's been to several, and she was knocking at the door with consistent scores in the 180s! She's determined and will be back, she said! Awesome! Jim and Justin were darn close as well, and I wish we could have gotten everyone over the hump, but it ain't easy folks!  :wb:

Also, congratulations to Gerald for winning the target ranging challenge  ^:)^! The prize this time? A Das Boot Oktoberfest mug  :beer:! After all, it is October!

There's plenty of space at the known-distance event next month, so get signed up!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

scuzzy

Boy that was lots of fun.

All instructors shot expert which I was pleased to see. And dangit - and I was only 4 points from distinguished - 236. Maybe next time.

And cool - our new assistant SC made rifleman at his very first KD.

And our Florida transplant wearing a Texas patch. Speaking of FL - we've got another FL instructor, KawGirl, coming down for our San Angelo event in Feb.

I really enjoyed talking to Dwight about ballistics. I was glad he had a chrony too. That sure helped on getting the right 100 yard zero although it wasn't really a 100 yard zero. I got an initial 100 yard zero and then dialed it up an extra 2 moa. Which was critical at 3 & 400 since I was using my son's AR with a 16 in barrel instead of my old standby rifle with the 18. Plus it was different ammo than I normally use too.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Philip_Dimmitt

Many thanks to all the instructors who made this event possible!!  It was a great time, although it would have been better if I just got one more shot in the black.  Missed it by that much!  So close!

Was amazed what Dwight could do with a Mini-14.  Never seen anything like it.

KD Appleseed is a MUST do.  Can't wait until next time.

BTW, if anybody is looking for information on modern medical trauma care this website has a lot of great info regarding proper equipment, priorities, and more: 

www.naemt.org/education/naemt-tccc/tccc-ac-guidelines-and-curriculum

A-lister

We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

WhitePaladin

That was a great shoot!  I learned a lot.  The chronograph at the end was really nice.  Thanks Dwight!

Biggest tip I can offer first timers is to have a plan.  You need to be quick at getting at whatever equipment you need.  Bring several mags and pre-pack them the night before.  I brought four 10rd and three 30rd mags.  Keep the 10 rounders full by moving rounds.  Loose ammo in boxes doesn't work.  They'll break open and spill in your pack or on the ground.  Big pockets help a lot.  Mags, gloves, notebook, pen, and a canteen.  Don't have more than that in your pack.  Leave everything else at the 400 yard line.  You'll be back there every two hours and can refill.