News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\Saratoga New York October 19-20/\/\

Started by Grumpy1, October 21, 2019, 08:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

What a Glorious Weekend for America!

A near perfect Autumn Day welcomed 17 students and 8 instructors to SaraSpa Fish and Game Club in Saratoga , New York.   A great bunch of students were punctual and eager to learn, rifle marksmanship, and  the history of the events of April 19,1775.  After registration, we got down to business with The First Strike, and then the safety briefing.  Then shooters to the line, the morning red coat revealed we had some work to do, but students stayed engaged, and focused on improving marksmanship skills.  During lunchtime students got to watch a cannon demonstration provided by R1SGTX2 (StickMark)  &)to commemorate, the anniversary of The Battles of Saratoga, and The Convention at Saratoga. 

Drifter 52 , presented the Second Strike, and then it was time to get back to marksmanship skills.  Josey Wales took care of line boss, so  we proceeded to positions, a practice Aqt, and then a scored Aqt, before the end of the day. We finished with the afternoon redcoat, and noted that we did make quite a bit of progress for the day.

Sunday started at 0445 with my 2 hour drive to the range, about a mile from the range a bald eagle jumped, and took flight , crossed in front of my car , and flew up into a tree to finish its breakfast. I couldn't believe I crossed paths with this harbinger of Freedom, this close to the range on my way to an event...it was Magnificent.

:F

We started Sunday, with the Third Strike, and Dangerous old Men,  and then it was time for the morning red coat.  Students worked to confirm their zeros, and then we started the Aqt grind.  Lunchtime lecture on Known Distance, was provided by Dude. after lunch some students moved over to the 100 yard range to reinforce the skills,  they had just learned.

This Event had some Great Results...

We got a New Blue Hat   Cannabal  O0

We got a New Orange Hat  Seven95  O0

We  got some New Rifleman...

:~ Jenny with q 215

:~ Christoper with a 228

:~ Jason with a 226

And we got some requalifications

:--- Scott

:--- Doug with a 213

:--- Jason with a 226

:--- Carlo with a 229

:--- Steven with 211

:--- Maisey with 227

We also had 2 students go Distinguished

:snipersmi Dan H with a 239  irons

:snipersmi Dan M with a 241 scope

Big thanks to SaraSpa for the use f their fantastic range.

And also a big thanks to my crew, getting the job done  :bow: O0

Jon /G1
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Grumpy1

pics

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Cannibal

Thank you Grumpy1, all the Instructors, and SaraSpa for a great weekend of shooting, history, and learning.

I'm looking forward to helping out the mission in my new position as Applecore.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Rifleman - October 7, 2023 - Dunbarton, NH

Grumpy1

PiCs

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

Ramblin' Wreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Ramblin' Wreck

You might consider putting a link to ths AAR on the New York friends of Appleseed FaceBook page to get some exposure.
Wreck

Quote from: Grumpy1 on October 21, 2019, 08:34:20 PMWhat a Glorious Weekend for America!

A near perfect Autumn Day welcomed 17 students and 8 instructors to SaraSpa Fish and Game Club in Saratoga , New York.   A great bunch of students were punctual and eager to learn, rifle marksmanship, and  the history of the events of April 19,1775.  After registration, we got down to business with The First Strike, and then the safety briefing.  Then shooters to the line, the morning red coat revealed we had some work to do, but students stayed engaged, and focused on improving marksmanship skills.  During lunchtime students got to watch a cannon demonstration provided by R1SGTX2 (StickMark)  &)to commemorate, the anniversary of The Battles of Saratoga, and The Convention at Saratoga. 

Drifter 52 , presented the Second Strike, and then it was time to get back to marksmanship skills.  Josey Wales took care of line boss, so  we proceeded to positions, a practice Aqt, and then a scored Aqt, before the end of the day. We finished with the afternoon redcoat, and noted that we did make quite a bit of progress for the day.

Sunday started at 0445 with my 2 hour drive to the range, about a mile from the range a bald eagle jumped, and took flight , crossed in front of my car , and flew up into a tree to finish its breakfast. I couldn't believe I crossed paths with this harbinger of Freedom, this close to the range on my way to an event...it was Magnificent.

:F

We started Sunday, with the Third Strike, and Dangerous old Men,  and then it was time for the morning red coat.  Students worked to confirm their zeros, and then we started the Aqt grind.  Lunchtime lecture on Known Distance, was provided by Dude. after lunch some students moved over to the 100 yard range to reinforce the skills,  they had just learned.

This Event had some Great Results...

We got a New Blue Hat   Cannabal  O0

We got a New Orange Hat  Seven95  O0

We  got some New Rifleman...

:~ Jenny with q 215

:~ Christoper with a 228

:~ Jason with a 226

And we got some requalifications

:--- Scott

:--- Doug with a 213

:--- Jason with a 226

:--- Carlo with a 229

:--- Steven with 211

:--- Maisey with 227

We also had 2 students go Distinguished

:snipersmi Dan H with a 239  irons

:snipersmi Dan M with a 241 scope

Big thanks to SaraSpa for the use f their fantastic range.

And also a big thanks to my crew, getting the job done  :bow: O0

Jon /G1
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown