News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed at Beaver Falls, PA

Started by EZ3, October 16, 2019, 11:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

BVRPC has approved December 14-15 for a Winterseed.  Saturday will be on the Training range (as usual), and Sunday on the Rifle range.  So bring your "big boy" guns along.  And your long johns.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Crazyduckhunter

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

Considering the date, I think we should refer to this as the "Battle of the Bulge 75th Anniversary Winterseed".

REDACTED

Hello,
i am interested in this appleseed!
can you tell me more about the second day on the rifle range?
would we shoot actual distances, as much as possible?
I am from NY but should be in the area around that time.

thanks, mark (Formerly Phauxtoe)
Never in Writing, Always in Cash!

EZ3

The plan is to allow those who wish to shoot 25m AQTs to do so, while also allowing those who wish to acquire zeroes at 100, 200 & 300 yds (and shoot steel at those distances) to do so.

Charles McKinley

Hopefully the guy DOM contacted comes through with the targets.  If so there will be lots of steel.  Maybe even an unknown distance ranging contest.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

Quote from: Charles McKinley on October 18, 2019, 11:25:51 PM
Hopefully the guy DOM contacted comes through with the targets.  If so there will be lots of steel.  Maybe even an unknown distance ranging contest.

O0  Like the way you think!

Crazyduckhunter

The guy out of Niles with the steel seems like a bust. I had a friend look him up on face book for me. He did reply and even provided a phone number that she then passed onto me. I called and no answer and was not able to leave a voice mail either. So we will see.

Crazyduckhunter

Hello everyone!! EZ3 scheduled this winter-seed event by request. So far I am the only one signed up to work and or shoot this event from Ohio. Where did everyone go?

This is a great range at a easy and convenient location to get to from Ohio. Just minutes from major highways. Hope to see someone else there from Ohio.

CDH

Corvette

EZ3,

Am trying to work schedule so that I could join you guys at least on Sunday.  It would give us a great chance to do some planning for the Feb IBC at New Philly.  However, wife-family-work are pretty crazy right now (daughter just got engaged, trying to sell my building, and have year end work stuff) so I can't commit just yet.  If I make it, it will be to come over Sat evening (where we could meet for dinner to talk IBC) and shoot the M1 on Sunday in honor of the Battle of the Bulge and my dad.  I really hope I can work it out but just not sure at this point. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!