News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond WA Nov 09-Nov 10, 2019 - Interlake Sporting Association

Started by watzizzname, October 15, 2019, 06:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watzizzname

Looking forward to another monthly visit to Interlake Sporting Association's range in Redmond, WA.

The firing line has been sold out for weeks. Its too early for a weather forecast, but I'm going to guess wet... and probably cold.

maxwell

I'm tempted to come over just to see if Ben can find a green hat to fit your noggin, if I've recovered from last weekend's drive by then.

GTEngineer

Quote from: maxwell on October 15, 2019, 06:51:04 PM
I'm tempted to come over just to see if Ben can find a green hat to fit your noggin, if I've recovered from last weekend's drive by then.

He ain't borrowin' my hat!  ;D
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

watzizzname

Quote from: GTEngineer on October 15, 2019, 07:33:41 PM
Quote from: maxwell on October 15, 2019, 06:51:04 PM

He ain't borrowin' my hat!  ;D

I've got the hat covered, but you're more than welcome to join us maxwell.

cornhskr

cornhskr

Earl

:F Wonderful weekend, Great Northwest weather but improving, fine shooters coming to hear the call of Liberty and learn safe effective marksmanship, and new friends and reasons. The RWVA gets a new Shootboss, with all kinds of talent. I have a beautiful Bloody Butchery broadside to hang proudly in my computer cave. O0 We had so many Riflemen made on Sunday, and cleaned Redcoats, I wondered if my talents were used at all, I was really happy to have helped, and that alone was worth the effort. I do hope to see many of the shooters and instructors in the future on other ranges or right there at ISA, in Redmond.

For the shooters, keep shooting, keep learning and share your experience and talents. We always believe that dry practice (fire) is the best way to improve your skills - and for a frugal folk like me, the only one I can afford to invest in heavily.  I also recommend a life long reading of history. RWVA concentrates on Paul Revere's Ride but we do research and add to our knowledge and life constantly. Visit your library and borrow some books, take part in building your community and America.

Everyone has done well, thank you for participating. I wrote this blog post and share it for Veterans Day https://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2019/11/veterans-day-weekend-at-appleseed.html?spref=fb&fbclid=IwAR2Pd6UW7FUnWzuKENhYbfijVvwLQJwN78y42A6ZXVg6Jhf_oKCFGHQT3SU
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

GTEngineer

Wow, its is a rare feat to have 25%+ attendees score rifleman, it is an ever rarer feat to do it back to back.  Watzizzname truly has the rifleman angle watching over his attendees or something, he's gonna have to double up on his patch orders for the next events.  I was only able to instruct on Sunday but what I saw was awesome, I have never attended an event where so many people shot Rifleman, and many in the 220+ range and even a few 230+.  You guys truly know what you are about.

Rebekah, you showed a lot of improvement on Sunday morning to Sunday afternoon, keep persisting and practice dry firing.  Making sure you have the correct sight alignment and sight picture (focus the reticle first, then use the 2nd focal adjustment to bring the target into focus with your already focused reticle.)  Make sure you relax your body to get that NPOA, verify it, and then trust it to fire those shots in cadence with your NPOA.  Keep persisting and you'll make Riflewoman!

We are lucky to have the support of Interlake Sporting Association as our host range for this event.  Please make sure you send them a note via email or social media and pass on your appreciation for their generosity and support.  Even better, join their membership and help the range grow!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

watzizzname

Wow... just wow. Thank you to each an every shooter who braved the weather and came out to take part in this event.

We started off on Saturday dealing with some pretty wet weather, but it never really affected the positive attitudes nor dampened the enthusiasm of the shooters. With 18 shooters it got cramped on the firing line, but we all became friends :) We got through our planned course of instruction, and even squeezed in that 1st AQT late on Saturday.  At the instructor dinner that night, we discussed how the day went and what areas we expected to need to work on going into Sunday. We saw a lot of potential, just not a lot of consistency :)

Apparently the shooters simply needed a good night sleep to digest all of the information that we had shared on Saturday, because they came out and made magic happen on Sunday. By the time we were shooting at our first sighting squares the improvement was showing and it continued throughout the day. We ended up forging 8 NEW RIFLEMEN, and we had 1 RIFLEMAN re-qual! That means 9 of 18 shooters shot a qualifying 210+ (quite a few in the 220s, with Brandon @ 232 and Brian @ 233) HUZZAH!!! 

For those of you that are still on the path to the elusive 210, two words : DRY PRACTICE. Go back to the hand outs that I sent out. Get down into position, practice those steady hold factors (with practice they'll become more comfortable, believe it or not). Practice shifting your NPOA. Practice the 6 steps of firing a shot EVERY TIME THE HAMMER FALLS!!!  Don't cheat at solitaire! :tsk:

We didn't just forge new Riflemen this weekend though, we also forged out a new IIT (JayB) and had 2 new volunteers make their blue hat debuts (Leia & Tonks). Thank you so much for stepping up and helping Project Appleseed! oh, and I got a green hat this weekend too. So, it was a pretty busy weekend.

Huge thank you to Kimber Custom, Earl, Flipper and GTEngineer! If I hadn't had great instructors like you when I was just a shooter, or IIT, or Instructor, I wouldn't be a Shoot Boss now... its all your fault  O0

Also, please take a moment and pass on a word of thanks to the Interlake Sporting Association (https://interlakesporting.com/), as it is only with their support and generosity that we are able to use their range.

Unfortunately I didn't take pics, so I'm counting on Flipper to get some posted for us to see.

watzizzname

Doc Sporseen

Thanks for the great event!  I'll be back in February (Without a scope this time!).
Aaron "Doc" Sporseen
HM1(FMF), USN, Retired

Rifleman:  November 2019
Morgan's Rifleman:  September 2021
Red Hat: January 2023
Pistoleer™:  March 2023
Requal (KD): July 2023

watzizzname

Quote from: DocSporseen on November 12, 2019, 10:30:56 PM
Thanks for the great event!  I'll be back in February (Without a scope this time!).

Nothing beats good old fashioned iron sights :)

maxwell

Quote from: watzizzname on November 12, 2019, 01:09:11 AM
We didn't just forge new Riflemen this weekend though, we also forged out a new IIT (JayB) and had 2 new volunteers make their blue hat debuts (Leia & Tonks). Thank you so much for stepping up and helping Project Appleseed! oh, and I got a green hat this weekend too. So, it was a pretty busy weekend.

Huzzah! Thanks to JayB for stepping up, and a big thanks to Will for grabbing a bigger bucket. I assume it took the fleeces of three sheep to make that new green hat.

cornhskr

It was an awesome weekend, mind the weather on Saturday.  The line was fully staffed with instructors that cared.  Safety was paramount!  I see the dates dropped for 2020.  Plan to try and hit February with the AR.   I still want to try and patch with irons, also, you know........the spirit of all things.  Thanks to all the instructors for a successful weekend.

Flipper

In case anyone needs to go back and see pictures that I never got up here they are.
I had a request for them at an event 2 weeks ago. Soooo here are pictures anyone might be missing.
My apologies for such a long delay.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBqQJUL2ux6TSPM97

Flipper

Doc Sporseen

Aaron "Doc" Sporseen
HM1(FMF), USN, Retired

Rifleman:  November 2019
Morgan's Rifleman:  September 2021
Red Hat: January 2023
Pistoleer™:  March 2023
Requal (KD): July 2023