News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My First Clinic as an Orange Hat

Started by Gus, October 15, 2019, 04:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

As the subject line indicates, this was my first clinic as an Orange Hat. I would like to thank all of the instructors at the 12-13 October clinic we had at Birchwood this past weekend who introduced me to what it's like to be 'you guys'!

You all made it look easy and that is no little thing. Very impressive.  It is something I will work hard at to achieve. I cannot remember a time where I spent two days at the range and didn't fire a shot-but had a great time. It was at once nerve wracking and thrilling.

Now it's time for me to write down all my pros/cons over the weekend. The pros I'll make better and the cons I will make right.

To FourFans, ItsanSKS, Taka222, Slowpoke, Pete!, Barry (sorry, I can't quite recall your forum name), and Hedge: Thank You!

I'm looking forward to more clinics in the future.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Twineagles

Thank you for stepping up. After over 50 shoots, I still learn something new each shoot I work.

I like to remind my OH instructors to always try to probe for the solution not just offer one up. Ask shooters open ended questions to lead them to the answer.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Slowpoke

You are a welcome addition to the team!

Thanks for stepping up.  :beer:

You did very well imho.
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

FourFans

:yeahthat:  What he said. ^^^^^^

You are a very welcome addition to our cadre. You're learning curve was near-vertical
this weekend, yet you performed awesome for a first shoot. You'll do fine. It gets much easier around your 30th shoot,,lol.
It's a beautiful thing we do,, welcome aboard.

--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY