News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning thread, new Philadelphia KD

Started by cwcdl79, October 12, 2019, 01:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwcdl79

Huzzah! About a week out, still plenty of spots.
I presume that we're able to camp at the range? Let me know how many for dinner, I'll either whip up a paella, or there's always a tray of stuffed cabbage...

BamaFan7

If the clubhouse is available, I planned on camping out. I'll probably arrive Friday evening by 7pm.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

cwcdl79

Depending on traffic, my ETA Friday will be between 5 and 7....
We setting up Friday or saturday?

BamaFan7

"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

TomMPR

I'm signed up to shoot this time, but I figure on hitting town around 4 or 5 to help set up.

Cactus Jack

I plan on arriving around 5 to help set up.  I hope to stay in the clubhouse but will bring camping gear just in case.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

All,

First, given the number of folks we have camping, we will be setting up and bunking in the main clubhouse at the bottom of the hill.  We will have access to the showers in the trap house but given the number of folks we have bunking, we will be better served in the main clubhouse.  Dom, no problem on power there.  I have access to the kitchen in the main clubhouse, so you all should plan on the normal Corvette breakfast both days. 

It looks like the club will be providing a lunch on SUN, not SAT so you all should plan on bringing a lunch for Saturday.  If things change, I will let you know.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cactus Jack

Do we have any ideas or suggestions for Sat. nights dinner. 

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

TomMPR

Corvette

All,

Ribs work for me.  Not great but good enough for a Sat night after a day on the range.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cactus Jack

I'm good with Hog Heaven as well.  Hope they have enough ribs.

cwcdl79

Awwww shucks guys. I was going to make you all dinner. A nice paella. Chicken,  shrimp, sausage

Cactus Jack

I love Paella.  That would work for me as well.  I ate that a lot when I was in Spain. Do you make Tapas too?    Isn't that dish difficult to make?

Corvette

Dom,

That works for me as well.  You will have access to the kitchen in the main clubhouse.  Let's get coordinated on sides and desert.

Corvette

cwcdl79

My recipe is easy, but probably no comparison to what you've had. But I like it so......
If someone would like to bring a salad thatd be nice

TomMPR

Sounds good, how about I make a cheese and olive tray to go with it?

BamaFan7

Let me know what we need guys and what I can bring.

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds like a good time is being planned by all at another KD at New Philly. Unfortunately I will not be joining you this time. I will be in camping in PA and chasing the white tail deer with a Muzzle loader this week. Have fun and get some KD patches!!
CDH

Cactus Jack

I'm bringing a Caesar salad and brownies for dessert.

cwcdl79

Y'all want to get mexican Friday evening for dinner?
We setting up Friday or saturday?

Cactus Jack

Mexican's fine with me.  I would prefer to set up Friday if at all possible.

cwcdl79

Would you all be upset if I said bbq tomorrow instead?
Also, i have the marking paint and the wheel thingy for it too.

BamaFan7

Quote from: cwcdl79 on October 17, 2019, 05:57:08 PM
Would you all be upset if I said bbq tomorrow instead?
Also, i have the marking paint and the wheel thingy for it too.

I'm good with pretty much anything.

P.S. I'll be making us a lovely hors d'oeuvre featuring bacon, apples, cinnamon and sugar.

Corvette

See you all this afternoon/evening.  Looking forward to a great weekend. 

Corvette