News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Butte, AK Instructors only Pistol Prpogram run-through

Started by FourFans, October 08, 2019, 12:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FourFans

This was the Alaska Cadre's second PP event and our first event at our new venue

I think everyone present saw the value of this new range. It will be a valued addition to our list.
As per usual, Slowpoke put on an outstanding Pistol event. It lasted just under 6 hours and hail-storm aside was quite pleasant.
Many new instruction points were addressed, building on the last PP event. We did not shoot a PQT due to extensive learning occurring, which was my goal in scheduling this event. 6 hrs, 26 shots. DonD would be proud.

I'll lead off with thanking the Charter PP Cadre for adjusting the timing on Stage One. I never agreed with the 10 seconds.
Leading off with a bunch of "ball and dummy", is brilliant on SEVERAL levels.
The single handed shooting is challenging, but totally appropriate.
TAKA222 came up with a few ideas concerning a marked firing line. Very good, but adapting to pistols will still be a work-in-progress.

Over-all I think Alaska is at least on a par with the lower 48,, and we certainly sent the right representative.

--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Slowpoke

For those of you that can view it, here is a link to my AAR comments on the 06 Oct event in the Pistol forum.

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=57009.0

Sadly, not everyone has access.  But I posted a link to this tread over there, so the other Charter Pistol Instructors can see what you all write here.
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html