News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kingman, Az KD AAR OCT 5-6, 2019

Started by pennys dad, October 07, 2019, 08:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Kingman, Az KD AAR OCT 5-6, 2019

Well we had a feast and famine KD this weekend. One day the wind as flat and pleasant and the next day the wind was knocking down and breaking backers. Kingman Az. lived up to its reputation as a Wind Seed range!
Wind was a factor! Saturday was great, the wind was flat all day. We worked hard to wrap up with 300 yard range cards.
Sunday was a different story, from 8am to 4pm we had a head wind of 8+ mph with gusts. At 100 yards we had the same head wind, 200 yards was right to left with the occasional target blown off the backer and the occasional backer blown off the sticks. 300 and 400 yards where both left to right cross winds, with targets blown off, backers blown off and some broken sticks.
We fixed, staked down, weighed down and stapled every two inches. We got 4 AQT, one practice, three actuals. Everyone was involved and worked to keep the class going during all the fixes, setups and clean ups. Everyone kept shooting and got the job done.
Matt, a returning Rifleman and KD Rifleman hit the score on the second AQT.

Pictures below and to follow.

David giving patches

Rick handing out a pin

pennys dad

This was a Sunday fix break. most of the 100 and 300 got wiped out.

On the line shooting

Prep

Cease Fire break

pennys dad

azmule

This is why Kingman is my very favorite KD range...  there is no better place in the Southwest to work on *unusual* wind doping challenges.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

pennys dad

Quote from: azmule on October 07, 2019, 11:00:17 PM
This is why Kingman is my very favorite KD range...  there is no better place in the Southwest to work on *unusual* wind doping challenges.

Agreed! Distance is a challenge but wind coming from two or three directions is worthy of a Wind Patches  ;)
Hi Scott! Good to hear from you.

Captain

All the videos come up as "private" - - - how much does it cost to watch them?  :)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

pennys dad

Quote from: Captain on October 08, 2019, 11:21:16 PM
All the videos come up as "private" - - - how much does it cost to watch them?  :)

Whoops, sorry forgot to uncheck private. they should be fixed

sleepy

I second that! Good to hear you're still out there, Scott. Hope all's well in your world.

Thanks for allowing me to come out and play in Kingman, guys. It's a privilege to meet so many oppressed brothers from Kalifornia who persist, and even thrive in adversity.

Additionally, it's one of my favorite destination resorts. After the KD is over, I can hang and fire off a few rounds while waiting for the next weekend's shoot.