News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harrisville, PA KD 2020 and IBC

Started by Charles McKinley, October 05, 2019, 06:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Hi All,

The Clinton-Irwin Rod and Gun Club is about 30 miles from the Ohio line on I-80.

The club is very willing to host another KD shoot.  They said a 2 day shoot is possible as they will just have to use fields 2 and 3 up on the hill that weekend.  I will get the dates of their two big shoots that we have to work around.

We need to do a better job of promoting in 2020.  I know I did very little this year.  The KD turn out this year in our area has been very sad.  Tusco should be filled.  Now that our feet is wet at Clinton Irwin I hope we can sell it out as well.  I suggest at the December shoot we come with proposed dates for the club's we already have.  I think we should have 3-5 shoots in the ares before the KD to make Riflemen and promote it.

It looks like there is going to be a push from Nationals for more of a KD focus as well.

IBC
I believe we have enough new people in Western PA that we NEED an IBC.  If the OH IBC is close enough I would be fine going in for just one big IBC but if it is more than a couple hours away I think our own would be a good idea.  I have always gotten a lot out of the IBCs I have attended.  I would like to make it to Michigan's next year also.

This is also on the PA board.

Thoughts, comments????

See you on th line,

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

cwcdl79

I'd love an ohio/possibly west pa Ibc.

CountZero

Crazyduckhunter

Instructor Boot Camp.

Weekend of learning the fundamentals of teaching/instructing at Apple seed events. You also put these into practice during the weekend with instructors.

Corvette

All,

I am approaching Tusco Rifle Range, New Philly Ohio for an IBC in February, 2020.  Will update all on its progress. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

Thanks Corvette,  I'll put in for time off to get there.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

Very nice. Thanks Corvette. I look forward to this.
CDH