News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Suamico (Green Bay) WI Appleseed September 12-13th!!

Started by fepowered, February 11, 2009, 09:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fepowered

Nicolet Rifle Club has invited us to hold an Appleseed September 12th-13th!!    This is a very nice private 200 yard range just a few miles north of Green Bay in Suamico.   This will be the first time that an outside organization has been invited/allowed to hold a shoot there.  Look for it to be on the official schedule soon.
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Old Glory!

YES! 
FALL IN GREEN BAY, WI!  NOW WE'RE TALKING!  GETTING WI APPLESEEDS ON THE SCHEDULE 7 MONTHS OUT.   PROMOTION AND STAFFING CAN GO FULL SWING. 

FE, PM INBOUND.   

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

HOW'S THE PAPERWORK COMING ON THIS?  NEED HELP?
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

What do we still need to get this on the schedule??
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

Old Glory!

Shoot setup here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2779.0 with addys to send things to.

Need the Host Application filled out and signed by the range.  Best Host App blank is here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6484.msg60832#msg60832

From that and your great knowledge of the area, fill out the Event Information Page with instructions that are here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4249.0

Send both of those off to SavageShootr.  She will check everything for completeness and send it on to Riflewoman who puts it on the Eventbrite schedule. 

The flyer is automatically generated from the EIP.

I already included it on the state-wide flyer here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5895.0

Let me know if you need any help.

Old Glory!

Fepowered:

Here is a start to the "Event Information Page".  I filled in what I could from the Nicolet website.   If you can fill in the rest we can get it to SavageShootr so it gets onto Eventbrite. 

Range: Nicolet Rifle Club, Inc.

Address:  Suamico, WI

When: September 12-13, 2009

Range Fee:  ???

Camping available: ???

Hotels: 16 miles from Green Bay.  Numerous hotels to choose from with varying price ranges.

Directions: see http://www.nicoletrifleclub.com/NRC_pdf/NRC_Driving_Directions_Map.pdf   

GPS:???

State Laws to be aware of:  Follow Wisconsin State Laws

Misc:  Say something good about the range here......25 meter only???

For More Information Contact: WI@appleseedinfo.org
                                          Send a PM to "fepowered" on the Appleseed forum
                                          Call Ed Foral 920 373-8026  or 920 430-3867

Registration Link:  Riflewoman will put this link in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of the body of the EIP please add the following information:

-Time Zone Central Time Zone

-Shooter Capacity  ?????

fepowered

Quote from: Old Glory! on May 17, 2009, 11:22:59 PM
Fepowered:

Here is a start to the "Event Information Page".  I filled in what I could from the Nicolet website.   If you can fill in the rest we can get it to SavageShootr so it gets onto Eventbrite. 

Range Fee:  None

Camping available: Limited On Site Camping.  Other camping in area available.

Hotels: 16 miles from Green Bay.  Numerous hotels to choose from with varying price ranges.

Directions: see http://www.nicoletrifleclub.com/NRC_pdf/NRC_Driving_Directions_Map.pdf   

GPS:???

Misc:  This is a 200yd private range which is well maintained.   Landscaping and barriers were recently updated.  Cover is available if needed.

Registration Link:  Riflewoman will put this link in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Shooter Capacity  25

Old Glory!

Quote from: fepowered on May 18, 2009, 12:12:39 PM
Quote from: Old Glory! on May 17, 2009, 11:22:59 PM
Fepowered:

Range Fee:  None

Camping available: Limited On Site Camping.  Other camping in area available.

Directions: Traveling to Suamico from either North or South on highway 41-141, exit Highway 41-141 at the county highway B (Sunset Beach Rd.) intersection in Suamico.  Head West on School Lane approximately 1.5 miles.  Turn left (South) on Riverside Dr. Travel South on Riverside approximately one quarter mile to St. Pats Rd.  Turn right (West) on St. Pats Rd.  Go approximately one third mile on St. Pats Rd.  Nicolet Rifle Club will be on the right hand (North) side of the road, just before St. Pats Rd. makes a sharp left (South) turn.  Don't forget to bring eye and ear protection along as none will be provided and both must be worn to use the range. 

for a map see: http://www.nicoletrifleclub.com/NRC_pdf/NRC_Driving_Directions_Map.pdf   

GPS:unknown

Misc:  This is a 200yd private range which is well maintained.   Landscaping and barriers were recently updated.  Cover is available if needed.  You may bring .22 rifles or centerfires.

Registration Link: 

-Shooter Capacity  25

Added written directions and sent this on to SS, FE and Colycat by pm.  Should be on eventbrite shortly.
:)

fepowered

It should be 8 miles and not 15 miles from Green Bay..   I timed out and had to write it over before I could post it but forgot to change that detailll

Old Glory!

Johnnyappleseed

Wow AS in sept?
was thinking of who has a birthday that month  :-X
Keep up the great work Wisconsin  O0
Nice to see you Ed  ,
Semper Fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

fepowered

Old Glory!

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on May 20, 2009, 11:39:02 PM
Wow AS in sept?
was thinking of who has a birthday that month  :-X
Keep up the great work Wisconsin  O0
Nice to see you Ed  ,
Semper Fidelis
JA

I'll make cake. ;)

fepowered

Who is going to make it Saturday?   Just a reminder that the club will have M1 Garand rifles to check out and .30-06 ammo for sale to use in them.  If anyone is planning to use a club rifle, please give me a heads up so that I have an idea of how many to have there.