News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY AAR Sept 28th and 29th, 2019

Started by Papa_Smith, October 04, 2019, 07:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa_Smith

We had a nice hot shoot at the Knob Creek Gun Range last weekend.
The mix of shooters on the line was diverse, we had some young shooters down to 9 years old, some older shooters, some new shooters and others just new to Appleseed.
To start off the weekend Jim cleared the Red Coat, which is a great feat, but even more importantly Jim has stepped up and is taking an Orange Hat, I have enjoyed having Jim on the line as a shooter and I look forward to working with him as an instructor.
Two of our new to Appleseed shooters earned their Riflemans patch great job Tyler and Mark.
We also had a family come out, there were some equipment issues but the progress and competency from the start and the end was noticeable and I look forward to having Bryan and his children on the line at future shoots.
Josh, Jeremy, Steve and Marc made some significant jumps in their capabilities and comfort using their rifles. Learning the operation and sighting of your equipment is challenging but they all stepped up and I think there will be a few more Riflemen in the near future.
The shooters all endured record heat and pushed through this weekend, I look forward to seeing them all again in the future.