News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Somers, CT AAR Somer Sportmans Assn, Sept 28-29, 2019

Started by TOMINCT, October 02, 2019, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A very good event in the history books from this past weekend at the Somer's Sportsman's Association Appleseed in Somers Ct. A dozen shooters from across the state and country made it to hear the story and get in more than a little shooting.

Early on many showed a good level of proficiency by hitting the redcoat target pretty hard, but a few needed a little help the AS way.   ;)

Fundamentals were taught, much correction made where applicable and a fair amount of triggertime netted two Rifleman the first day.

Wayne who had made RM in the past showed that it could be done early in the AQT grind with several RM scores using a 10-22. He finished the day with a score of 229.

Mike hit it really hard and got a 234 for his efforts, this being his 2nd AS.

Sunday started well, after a warmup it was AQT's with a mix of individual instruction and drills for those who needed or wanted it. Before the end of the day Dale, running a Savage bolt 22 made the cut with a 215 score.

Much improvement was seen with other shooters as various stages and COF's were run until the end of the day.  The shooters were a great group to work with and several of them took some pretty long rides to get there.

It was great to be back in northeast CT after a few year hiatus, It's hard to get a new range on board but Greg did a grand job of selling Appleseed to the host club and we had a nice range to use for the event. We want to thank the club for use of the facilities and hope to return there in the future.

Parallax and Scout74 did their usual best in teaching, demos and in Scout's case tell a portion of the story. They do a great job and worth a very loud HUZZAH!

This was the last shoot for this year in Ct, with the interest shown by clubs in state we should have a couple more events next year than we held this season.

A Rifleman persists
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

The weather was great and the attendees made it fun.

Here are some of the highlights of day one.

Parallax

Day 2 was just as much fun. :F

way_tex

Great shoot.

Awesome cadry!

GOOD BUNCH OF GUYS.

Wayne and I often compete against each other, he outshot me in Alabama at TMP back in March. But this weekend I won...lol ;)

Can't wait for the next one!  O0

Bill the Cat

Had a great time as usual with my fellow shooters.
AS seems to make some really quality instructors with some really good skillsets. Seems most shoot quite a bit on their own.

Thanks for the opportunity, the facility, the friendships and the great weather.

Will be doing some looking into the giving back portion as a possible instructor.  O0

cornhskr

Great event!  Learned a lot.  I've already signed up for another Appleseed event in November.

Edge

Had a great time and look forward to scheduling one for next year.

I can tell you if you don't practice you will not patch. I am living proof. I plan to practice as much as I can before I attend the next AS in April.