News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaseburg Rod and Gun Appleseed 9-28 & 29

Started by Dan 1, September 29, 2019, 09:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan 1

What an awesome group of shooters we had at Chaseburg.  Chaseburg has a wonderful range and will get nothing but better when their 25 meter range gets done.  Saturday's weather was great.  Saturday was spent under instructors Dan 2, Megs1, and Dan 1.  we had four shooters on Saturday.  Heather, Anthony, John, and Brad were excellent students.  On Sunday Grant and Adam joined them.  No rifleman scores posted on Saturday (John shot a 208 though)   They made up for it on Sunday though.  after reviewing Safety rules and instruction from Saturday, the AQT's began  It wasn't long before Brad posted a 211,  Heather followed with an awesome 234.  :bow: :bow: :bow: She shot her first two Appleseeds with loaner rifles.  She has her own rifle now and she sure can shoot it. Grant and Adam began consistently shooting 248's and 249's.  Then both of them on the same AQT SHOT 250.  Yes both on the same AQT.  Then just to prove it wasn't a fluke Grant pulled out his bolt action and shot another 249. :bow: :bow: :bow:  Anthony and John were certainly working hard but both peaked on Saturday.  Anthony has shot rifleman in April and John is real close.
Lunch was provided on Saturday by Dan 2 and Sunday Dan 1 did the cooking.  Thanks to Chaseburg Rod and Gun for providing the range and all the shooters and instructors for breaking down the target line at the end of the day

Pictures to follow 

IXOYE

Way to go guys! I love to hear when people do so well. You and your instructors deserve a great big CONGRATULATIONS !!!
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Theokestral

Those are some truly fantastic scores. Amazing riflemen are coming out of that part of WI!

So many Distinguished scores, and two perfect scores... by two different riflemen... awesome.

I think I see a road trip in my future.

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Captain

Two 250s! Appleseed headquarters is going to have to do another run of patches for your guys!

Seriously, congratulations!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

MCZplus

and on the Same AQT!!!! that's Amazing
Mike (MCZplus)
1st Appleseed: 2015-10-03_Volga_IA
3rd Appleseed/Rifleman(216/219): 2017-09-23_Volga_IA
5th Appleseed/Rifleman(225): 2019-09-28_Volga_IA

Hasty Sling

I think that an update to that post "The Quest for 250" on the old newsletter is long overdue. How about it, 250 shooters, pass along your personal AARs for the benefit of the rest of us. You wouldn't be bragging. You'd be helping us to be better shooters.

Cesar "Chico" Cruz

Dan 1

Just some background   at Chaseburg on March 30-31  Grant shot a 235and 247 with a bolt and Adam shot a 245 with a semi   I knew they had it in them.  I would like to take all the credit but they had the  fundamentals down cold at the first shoot  Just needed some minor tweaking.  I am pushing hard for them both to take orange hats  even though they are border hopping Minnesotans

Heather shooting a 235 at her third Appleseed is so awesome too.  Only 5 more points to a Distinguished Patch

Brad shooting a 211 with John's rifle probably made for a long ride home

Dan 1

Couple more pictures
Heather in standing position
and another of Heather showing prone position
carding the sights on Sunday

Dan 1

Just checked my paperwork  Penmanship was never my forte.  Heather shot a 230 on Sunday   so only 10 more points for distinguished

jgulso

Quote from: Dan 1 on October 01, 2019, 08:50:29 PM
*snip*

Brad shooting a 211 with John's rifle probably made for a long ride home

Haha.  Only for me.  Instead of cook, I'll have to be a recruiter  :whistle:
If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

Dan 1

Just a thought   nowhere have I seen anything recorded about Paul Revere's marksmanship.  Although shooting was one of his pastimes.  Instead what he is remembered for is helping rouse Americans on a day that saw the birth of America as an independent nation.  I would love to have the same remembered about me.  Spreading the Appleseed mission is far more important.  Recruiting is at the heart of that mission.

Dan 1

some more pictures

pair of perfect targets

RustyRed

Great job Dan1 and his team :bow:     What a great group of students you had way to go O0

Cyclone336

I definitely had a great time, so thanks Dan 1, Dan 2, and Megan for hosting it. I can't wait to post a picture with my "250" rocker!
-GMM

Cyclone336

I will be sewing these to my range bad soon!