News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new range

Started by scuzzy, September 27, 2019, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

TxJim49 setup a meet with two ranges in/near Killeen. So I drove down to Killeen and me and Jim met with the range owners. Both expressed interest however I think our best bet is one called Mountain Creek Gun Range.

https://www.mountaincreekrange.com/

We'll setup an initial event in spring of 2020. The owner wanted to see how that worked out and if all goes well we'll have a home there.

And it's an indoor range with cooling during the summer and heat in the winter. What cool is they are working on a long distance range too - but only to 250m. But hey at least it's close by for me.

And thanks Jim - wouldn't have happened without you.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Nice!  O0

How many shooters will it support at a time?
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on September 27, 2019, 07:45:31 PM
Nice!  O0

Only 10. But hey I'll take it. If we start getting a lot of demand we'll possibly do relays.

I also got another one of the instructors, Adam, who said he'd help out at that range. So looking good.

Also I believe we're going to get another range in San Angelo. Chris & Jim have volunteered to help me out at that one. We used to do shoots there many years ago.

And miracle of miracles - I'm going to Adam's property on Sunday and meeting with a heavy equipment operator. It looks like we're going to have us a KD range just south of Waco near a little town called Eddy. Got off the phone with Maximum Ordinate awhile ago. We've got funding from Appleseed. And Dan said WTF would contribute. Let's cross our fingers. I think that ones going to happen too.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: scuzzy on September 27, 2019, 08:17:29 PM
Quote from: AF5US on September 27, 2019, 07:45:31 PM
Nice!  O0

Only 10. But hey I'll take it. If we start getting a lot of demand we'll possibly do relays.

I also got another one of the instructors, Adam, who said he'd help out at that range. So looking good.

Also I believe we're going to get another range in San Angelo. Chris & Jim have volunteered to help me out at that one. We used to do shoots there many years ago.

And miracle of miracles - I'm going to Adam's property on Sunday and meeting with a heavy equipment operator. It looks like we're going to have us a KD range just south of Waco near a little town called Eddy. Got off the phone with Maximum Ordinate awhile ago. We've got funding from Appleseed. And Dan said WTF would contribute. Let's cross our fingers. I think that ones going to happen too.

That's AWESOME!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Jerry Hall

And that' how we grow Project Appleseed!  :F
THanks Y'all,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Steck

Outstanding, way to go team!    ^:)^

BillJac

You can count on me for help in Killeen, Eddy or San Angelo as long as it doesn't conflict with my duties in Waco.  Would love to have an excuse to hang out in San Angelo and get some hunting in.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

Mercedes

Woohoo!  Sounds great! Thanks TXJim for securing the introduction!

scuzzy

Quote from: BillJac on September 28, 2019, 02:24:06 PM
You can count on me for help in Killeen, Eddy or San Angelo as long as it doesn't conflict with my duties in Waco.  Would love to have an excuse to hang out in San Angelo and get some hunting in.

I'm going to take you up on that.

AF5US

Wow, talk about movement.

New Braunfels is nice, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't mind a KD option just a little closer to the DFW area  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)