News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

#Raton, NM Precision Rifle Shoot AAR Sept. 21-22, 2019, NRA WC

Started by TaosGlock, September 24, 2019, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

The second annual AR15 Armory Shoot
History and marksmanship.
We ran this like our Precision Rifle Shoot.
Steel at 200, 300, 400, 500, and 1125 yards.
Paper sight in targets at 25, 100 and 500 yards.

xonlyj, Pop, BlueFeather, olfart and Longhair:

Yours truly at the BSZ target area:

Betsy Ross near the 400 yard firing line.

3 DOM's.
TG, Longhair and xonlyj:

More later as we get caught up.

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

The main entrance to the Cooper Range:

BlueFeather going over the COF for day 2 inside the Cooper cabin:

Downrange results at 500 yards by Longhair. The square measures 4".  The group is .8 MOA or about .2 Mil high.
Excellent shooting from a suppressed Howa in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

The wide open spaces of the Whittington Center. Looking back to the firing line from the 500 yard berm.

Pop did a one shot one hit on a 3MOA steel target with an M1A open sights.

TaosGlock

Handouts are neatly contained in these booklets made by us.

Sunrise at WC from the covered range.
[/URL

T. WOLF

NICE!!
:F
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Longhair

What a gas!! We literally had a blast!

My sincere thanks to TaosGlock and BlueFeather for putting this on for us. The memory of it will last a lifetime.

I've read The Second Amendment at least a thousand times, and I have yet to find a caveat!

I'll meet you all at the North Bridge!

Mercedes

What a GREAT event!!!! Tumbleweed and I may just have to "crash" next year's event!   :snipersmi

BTW, Longhair, from the back you could be Scuzzy's double  ;D

Debbie

TaosGlock

Mucho thanks to Longhair for taking these pics in the last rays of sunshine at the end of another big day here in the West!

BlueFeather spots for xonlyj. Spotting scope is a Bushnell Legend T with Mil hash marks.
olfart and I help with any correction that needs to be made on the scope.  xonlyj makes that correction. All data is recorded!!

Group pic: xonlyj, TG, BF, olefart and Pop

L-R: TG, BF, olfart and Pop.  Last minute words of wisdom, goodbyes and some final thoughts on Liberty.

TaosGlock

Longhair squeezing one off at 1125 yards, follow thru is extremely important.
Note the last minute adaptive bipod elevator.

xomlyj makes a solid hit on the same target with his 6.5 Grendel....which is an amazing little performer.

BlueFeather with her famous Mona Lisa look...you don't wanna know what she is thinking. @&) &) >:D