News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell Gun Club - September 28-29 - Planning Thread

Started by Crazyduckhunter, September 21, 2019, 09:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Another sold out shoot at Orwell is coming up next weekend. September 28-29.   :F

The main road Rte 322 is currently closed right in front of the police station which is located just to the west of the entrance to the club. If you are traveling to the event from any direction other than the East you are going to need to take a slight detour. For a shorter detour than what is posted by the state take either Park Street or Leffingwell Drive to put you back onto rte 322 just west of the club entrance. Park Street is just north of the red light and Leffingwell Drive is just south of the red light.

The club will once again be providing lunch by donation on Saturday. I believe it will be sloppy joe's and hot-dogs and all the fixing's that go along with that.

We will have two club members on site with us on at least Saturday to lend us a hand.

Since no reason to camp out at the club lets just do the Mexican place in town for Saturday dinner if that's all right with everyone?

I will be down to open the gate and start setting things up around 4:30-5:00 on Friday evening.

CDH

Texas T

Looks good to me. Dom will be completing his SBIT2 at this event, so I'll be overseeing and he'll be running it. I have the shirts, waivers, etc. in my registration box. I'm still planning on making breakfast sandwiches for all instructors both mornings, around 0700 or so. Let me know if you'll be joining me.

I have everything set out and ready to load, but don't want to bring extras if someone else has it covered. Let me know if anyone else is planning on bringing:

Large map of Battle Road (and stand for map)
White board, markers and stand
Dummy rifle and mat for demo
I know that the target line is already taken care of
Anything else that I'm probably missing thinking about

If I don't hear, I'll plan on packing it.

Email will go out to attendees next week.

Thanks

Tom
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

cwcdl79

Shhhhhhhhh.. :sos:
I have demo and mat.
I will have the map with frame.
That's about it. Mexican sounds good, you'll be the ones dealing with it on Sunday  ;)

Crazyduckhunter

Map and frame for it are at the club. There is a white board there as well.
At orwell basically just need targets and patches.

Tuaennoc

Hats of to a great group of instructors
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."
― Patrick Henry

TomMPR

They sure are. That's a great pair of redcoat targets

Crazyduckhunter

That pair of redcoat targets that you see are a wonderful paycheck for doing Appleseed.
Now we just have to get them over the 210.....
Thank you.
CDH

Texas T

Tuaennoc, thanks for signing up on the forum. I just sent you an email link to the After Action Report. It's posted, with a lot of photos. Really enjoyed your family this weekend.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017