News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

QUARRYVILLE PA AAR 09/07/2019-09/08/2019

Started by MrPainless, September 16, 2019, 05:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPainless

MrPainless

The Appleseed event at Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportsman's Association was attended by 10 shooters Saturday, with an additional walk-on Sunday. The weather was great all weekend, and multiple Rifleman patches, PA first rifle regiment patches, and a few distinguished patches were awarded.  There were no safety issues, and all that attended (students and instructors) learned something!
I'll let the pictures do the talking....

MrPainless

Tom with a rifleman qualifying AQT!

MrPainless

Tom with a rifleman AQT, and cleared red coat target. Tom also shot a distinguished score, a 242. Tom, I WILL get a distinguished patch to you!!

MrPainless

Tom accepting an orange hat.  The journey starts.....

MrPainless

The redcoats didn't know what hit 'em!
That shingle was one difficult target!

JamesT

Great job brother. It was a great weekend. It makes it all worthwhile when the attendees progress towards riflemen. An added bonus the history of 19APR75 was told and did not fall upon deaf ears. Thank you so much Tom for stepping across that line. History will remember you! Salute.
JamesT

wickedworx

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for a great weekend. I couldn't have done it without really good instructors! Thank you for all the help you have given me. I look forward to joining the group and continuing the tradition of marksmanship!

Tom

:F

MrPainless

MrPainless

Tom with his cleared redcoat target.

MrPainless

Shawn with a rifleman qualifying target. Shawn did it all, including going sitting and prone from standing, in the allotted time, and kicked butt! Oh, and did it with a centerfire!

MrPainless

Shawn with his first cleared redcoat target.

MrPainless

Shawn with his 5, yes, 5 rifleman targets for the weekend. This man is the living embodiment of a patriot marksman!
Also, he shot 2 distinguished scores this weekend!!!

MrPainless

John W. at the moment of his anointing with old north bridge water for shooting exactly a 210 on the AQT!. We made sure the water wasn't too cold. Oh, by the way, he did it with a bolt gun, and we loaded mags for him between stages of the rapid fire AQT. John has shot rifleman scores before, with the same rifle.
"RUN THAT BOLT AND SQUEEEEEEZE!"

MrPainless

Mal awarding the green hat to me. It is a weighty hat, but a good one to have. I have to give much thanks to mal, jamest, navionpa, roverace, and glockshooter for their continued support and confidence. Also Mrspainless for putting up with my absence from home during shoot weekends and preparation. The red instructor hat was retired in grand fashion, by having the students have at it with 10 rounds each. Out of 109 shots fired, we counted 98 holes. Not bad at all.