News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread - New Philly, 9/21-22

Started by EZ3, September 10, 2019, 12:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Well gents, I guess it's time to start planning this one.  While we will be using the range we normally do, we will not have access to the club house or trap house during the weekend.  They have several other events on other ranges and the buildings will not be available.  I'm not planning on commuting, so I'll be getting a motel room in New Philly for the weekend.  How many of you will also need a bed?  We can double up and expense the rooms, per Corvette.

Does anyone have a preference for POI they would like to present?  Anyone planning to do a PC?

I'm planning to set up Friday afternoon.  I was going to run over after work, but now I'm leaning toward taking a day off, instead.  Let me know what you think.

Lee
724-650-8508 
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

cwcdl79

I was going to grab a room as well, unless told otherwise.
I should be down there sometime shortly after 5 on Friday to help set up.
Will let you know later on poi.
Is the club doing lunch saturday?

Cactus Jack

I'll be arriving somewhere between 5 and 6 Friday evening.   Yes, I will need a place to bunk.
It's entirely too far for me to try and commute.  I don't have any preference on POI's.
I can help with whatever you need.  I would however like to request doing Samuel Whittamore if possible.
Is the club planning on doing lunches as usual? 
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

BamaFan7

I'm signed up to shoot, but I can help if needed. I'll be commuting from home each day, but I can arrive early Saturday if you all need assistance with setup and check in?
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

EZ3

I'm awaiting a response on the lunch question.  If Dom and I are both getting double rooms, that's two beds available for other commuters.  Haven't heard from Aragorn yet, but since he lives an hour east of me, I don't think he's commuting.  I'll rattle his cage and post updates as they become available.

We should be good, Bama, but you are welcome to come hang out if you like.

BamaFan7

Quote from: EZ3 on September 10, 2019, 11:05:45 PM
I'm awaiting a response on the lunch question.  If Dom and I are both getting double rooms, that's two beds available for other commuters.  Haven't heard from Aragorn yet, but since he lives an hour east of me, I don't think he's commuting.  I'll rattle his cage and post updates as they become available.

We should be good, Bama, but you are welcome to come hang out if you like.

Sounds great! How about some pastries?
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

cwcdl79

Ok, if no one else wants it, I'll do 3rd strike.
Poi, anything except model seated.
Let me know ahead of time if you want me to do any other heritage or do kd (so I can brush up on them).
Dom

cwcdl79

EZ3

I booked last night also, so I think we have enough beds.

Dom, you've got 3rd Strike and KD (thanks, I need a break from that).  Cactus Jack has Mr. Whittemore.  Everything else is TBD at this point.

Still no word about lunch.  I will ping the appropriate club official early next week if I haven't heard by then.

EZ3

"Alright sparky, here's the deal" (10% pay bonus for this event if you are the first to name that movie):

1) Camping is allowed, it's just that we can't sleep in any of the buildings.  Don't know if that changes anyone's plans.

2) The club will be serving lunch both days.  Since there will be multiple events both days, I'm not counting on doing history at lunch.  It will probably be crowded and noisy.  However, under the right circumstances it could be an opportunity to 7th Step.  So I'll take 2nd Strike, and whether it's done at lunch or after will be an on-the-spot decision.

3) I'm planning to check in at the Hampton Inn in Newcomerstown at around 3PM Friday, then to drive down to the range and set up.  I should be fine to do it myself, so don't worry about cutting out of work early (unless you really want to , anyway).  Then I'll either do an operational check on the target line or go to dinner.  So if you are coming in later, I may not see you until Saturday AM.

That's all I've got for now.

cwcdl79

Sounds good. What time Saturday morning for the instructor meeting?
Do you have poi assignments?

EZ3

Quote from: cwcdl79 on September 19, 2019, 02:54:41 PM
Sounds good. What time Saturday morning for the instructor meeting?
Do you have poi assignments?

Let's shoot for 7:30AM Saturday.  I'm not hanging the target backers tomorrow so they won't get soggy, so we'll need to do that and the instructor meeting.

POI:  All DOM are open, since Cactus Jack volunteered to help out at Sandusky.  Dom has 3rd Strike and KD, I've got 2nd Strike.  Everything else is TBD.  Since you're both red hats, I should be able to assign POI on the fly, right?  Otherwise, speak up and claim what you want in advance.

If I don't see yinz at the range tomorrow afternoon, I'll see ya Saturday!   :~

cwcdl79

Hahahahhahahaha! Nope.  :-[
If I can get about 40 minutes, I can do 1st strike.
I'll do Wyman.
I can do steady hold factors and npoa.

BamaFan7

Quote from: cwcdl79 on September 19, 2019, 08:56:16 PM
I'll do Wyman.

I might need some one on one. I haven't shot my rifle since 2018.  :wb:

cwcdl79

There's no help for a bama fan  ;D
We'll make sure you get some extra special attention....

BamaFan7

Quote from: cwcdl79 on September 19, 2019, 10:24:29 PM
There's no help for a bama fan  ;D
We'll make sure you get some extra special attention....

242 is the goal!

EZ3

Quote from: cwcdl79 on September 19, 2019, 08:56:16 PM
I'll do Wyman.

If you can do it in 30, it's a deal!  I'll gumby for you, since Lew is less flexible than I am.