News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - One Day Sept 7th at Ft Worth, TX (Quail Creek Range)

Started by Mercedes, September 09, 2019, 05:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercedes

Unlike most of the rest of the U.S., it's still Summer and temperatures remain in the triple digits in Ft. Worth, Texas!  Thirteen (13) patriots braved the 100 degree temps and high humidity  %)  at the first of several Fall events scheduled in North Texas!   

Seven shooters were first time attendees, including, Max, who received his Rifleman patch with an EXPERT score of 221.  CONGRATULATIONS, on a job well done!  :beer:

A HUGE SHOUT OUT to Justin, who still managed to score 204 after having to subtract 35 points due to 7 extra shots on his First Stage AQT target.  :slap:

Another SHOUT OUT to Pete who shot EXPERT with a score of 218 and re-qualified as a Rifleman again!   :snipersmi

We had five (5) youth join us on Saturday - Ilse, Kennedy, Ethan, Gabriel, and Jacob.  Ethan and Gabriel came for some refresher and practice before their private Trail Life event in early 2020.  Ilse and Kennedy had a GREAT time with their manual feed "stinger" type rifles.  And Jacob, you really mastered your borrowed .22 iron sights by the end of the day!  I can't wait to see all of you at the range again.   O0

Lisa, thank you for driving up from Austin and bringing Kennedy.  She's such a joy and she had such a good time.  Keep practicing, Kennedy and you'll become as good a shooter as your Mom.  Lisa, I hope you'll be able to join us in San Antonio for the Ladyseed the end of the month!   ..:..

Paul, thank you for your patience with ALL of the cancellations and rescheduling due to the crazy weather and inability to access the range.  Paul and Ilse registered for the September 2018 event that was cancelled and due to subsequent event cancellations (10 of them) or family commitments, it's taken a full year for them to join us.  Ilse, you sure rocked your rifle.  Keep practicing!  ^:)^

Daniel, you shot really well and I wouldn't be surprised to see you score EXPERT at the next event!  Can't wait to meet your daughter at a future event.   :)

Kyle (Jacob's dad) - THANK YOU for going out at the last minute to purchase a pop-up cover for Jacob and Daniel to use.  Talk about ABOVE AND BEYOND!  I hope that the next time I see Jacob on the firing line, you're on the ground next to him rather than observing.  @@)

This event also brings two new Applecore volunteers to our instructor cadre.  Wendell and Omni are a father/son duo who served as RSOs and got down on the ground with the newer shooters to help.  They are still working on scoring EXPERT to receive their Rifleman patches and we hope that one day in the near future that blue hat changes to orange!   :F

And Steck - dSB Extraordinaire - your mentorship and support in Appleseed continues to humble me and lift me up.   :1luvu

No photos will be posted to this AAR as a few shooters requested their privacy.   

Well, it's time to go plant some more apple seeds, as Johnny would say!

Huzzah!!!