News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt AFB Florida, AAR Sept 7-8 2019

Started by Engineer shooting, September 09, 2019, 04:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

With fall a few weeks away you would think that the temperature would moderate a little, but noooooooo. The heat was brutal. A full line with more women than men thanks in part to Ron for bringing six of his daughters. They were without a doubt the nicest, most polite, and attentive to instruction I've meet.

Having run a few shoot during the summer it's been my experience that a few (or a lot) do not return for the second day. That turned out not to be true, all returned and stuck it out HUZZAH! Chris and Fernando came so close, they are on the path!

One cannot say enough thanks to Chuck and Kim for organizing, bringing cold water, pop-ups, and the unbelievable amount of gear, rifles, etc that were loaned out. I'm sure it will take days just to clean it all up.

Thanks to Duane for a life saving popsicle run, other thanks to Stan, Tim, Waki, and of course to my faithful wounded warrior Lori.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Dad of Many

We had a great time! I brought my girls wanting them to learn about history and the basics of marksmanship. They learned so much more. They went because I asked them to and were not too excited about it.... That is, until they started shooting. Now they keep asking me when the next one is. I encourage everyone to bring their children, so they can learn history and the proper way to use a rifle. Thanks goes out to all the instructors and our Shoot Boss, who also articulated the events of history extremely well! We all enjoyed the entire weekend of shooting and hearing about our history. 
Ron McCurdy, Dad of Many

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Mrs Wacky

I came soooooo close. The instructors pinpointed my problem areas and taught me how to fix them. I can't wait for the next appleseed so I can practice the skills I've learned and get the patch.

Chaos07

What a phenomenal group of shooters this weekend.  No matter the heat, or how late in the day, everyone remained engaged and kept going until the end! 
Duane

In a Democracy, the majority rules.  If the majority decided they wanted your bike, the could take it.

In a Republic, your bike is your property and you do not owe it to anyone.  It cannot be taken against your will by law.

America is a Constitutional Republic.

Therefore, the Constitution is the law by which we are protected.

In a Republic, the individual is protected FROM the majority, by Constitutional Law.

A Constitutional Republic is what we were given.  It is up to US to KEEP it.

Chaos07

Duane

In a Democracy, the majority rules.  If the majority decided they wanted your bike, the could take it.

In a Republic, your bike is your property and you do not owe it to anyone.  It cannot be taken against your will by law.

In a Republic, the individual is protected FROM the majority, by Constitutional Law.

Chaos07

Duane

Chaos07

Duane

Chaos07

Duane

Chaos07

Excited shooters
Duane

Chaos07

Duane

Lucky Lori

Once again it was a different, unique event. It was HOT! Like 100 both days with sun and no relief . The fire hose was going full  force with info for  all to listen to and put into  practice . Everyone had super attitudes, and worked hard for 2 days.  Everyone showed back up the second day for more . Thank you Duane for the popsicle run. I am sure we never could have made it without those cold  yummy pops !  Thank you Chuck & Kim for going & buying more pop ups so we could have shade on and behind the shooting line.  6 pop ups is a lot for one line . We had 2 families, one with dad & 2 son's  and the other with dad & 6 daughters who came & shot (the rest stayed home for another time). What a great, polite group of girls aged 8 & up.  Thank you Sophia for the precious hand written note to all the instructors simply saying  "Thank you so much" Sophia.  I hope to see you girls (& dad) again at another shoot.  Our instructor pay is nothing in dollars but much more rewarding in the pleasure of watching so many shooters and instructors enjoy shooting  on such a challenging weekend.  Great job to all.  Lucky Lori

Dragon

What a great shoot! (Like shooting on the SURFACE OF THE SUN). It was so rewarding to see the girl's excitement as they would cluster around their targets and compare scores. This was my Red Hat PC and I would like to thank the shooters for their attention and cooperation. A special thanks to Ken, Lori, Chuck, Kim, and Duane for their guidance and encouragement throughout the instructor training process. Special thanks and encouragement to Stan the Man and Whacky my fellow orange hats. You're next!

M1bzrk

Great photos.  Nice to see so many smiles despite the high temps.  Kudos to all.
(by the way, it did get up to 75 in Wyo today!)

sleepy

I'm jealous, how you guys manage to fill a line with so many good people.

gunjunkie

Great weekend with great group of folks. Much to hot for September, even in Florida. I will say the shooters took it better then I did, I didn't think I would survive Sunday. That sun was relentless.
I was amazed to see all the shooters return for day two and with eager attitudes. Chris and Fernando came so close while the rest showed marked improvement, with a little practice they will make the cut and earn that patch. The folks at this event renewed my faith in the future of our great nation, great people!
Thanks to all the instructors, Kim, Wacky, Tim, and Stan for all you do in making things happen, with a special thanks to Ken and Lori for your time and the great history and Duane for the awesome popsicles, I think they saved my life.
Congratulations Dragon for completing your training, I always look forward to working with you. 

Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet