News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Harrisville, PA KD Sept. 7, 2019

Started by EZ3, September 07, 2019, 10:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Clinton-Irwin Rod & Gun Club near Harrisville, PA has a 600 yard rifle range that they graciously allowed us to use for this event.  Our thanks to them for the hospitality.  The weather was great.  With a group of shooters consisting entirely of Appleseed instructors we were able to move smoothly through the KD instruction portion of the event and into sighter shots and come-ups.

Gathering DOPE on our rifles was combined with the first KDAQT of the day, followed by lunch.  Thanks to DeckApe for buying lunch!  TomMPR regaled us with tales of the Dangerous Old Men, then it was back to the "AQT grind".  When the smoke had cleared, TomMPR had qualified on all three AQTs he fired, including Distinguished scores of 48 & 49.  Charles_McKinley earned his KD bar with a 43.  The rest of us learned valuable lessons about our equipment and our shooting skills, and hopefully will be better prepared for our next KD event.   ;)
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: EZ3 on September 07, 2019, 10:08:17 PMWhen the smoke had cleared, TomMPR had qualified on all three AQTs he fired, including Distinguished scores of 48 & 49.  Charles_McKinley earned his KD bar with a 43.

Congratulations.  That's some good shooting! :snipersmi
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

TomMPR

First pennsylvania KD I've had the pleasure of attending, and it was a great day. Clinton-Irwin is a nice club with a very nice rifle range. With multiple target lines, you don't have to carry all your gear 100 yards at a time all day between firing points. It doesn't get much better than having the club rep buy lunch for everybody( thanks Deck Ape!). The morning fog burnt off and the wind picked up so we had mixed conditions to work through throughout the day. I think everybody left with better DOPE than when they arrived, and had a good time learning it. My biggest take-away from the day is that there is no reason the lines shouldn't be full at any KD. Take advantage of the opprotunities these ranges afford us by allowing us to use their facilities.

Charles McKinley

Thanks for visiting my home range.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Charles McKinley

Supprised I didn't break the camera.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery