News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Harvard, MA Instructor KD - 21 July 2019

Started by Rail, September 02, 2019, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rail

It was a hot day on the range.  How hot?  We had a High of 94*F, adjusted to 102* with humidity, and a MaxUV Index of 10 (Extreme).  That's very hot for New England.  However, riflemen persist, and I was impressed that there were individuals willing to brave the heat to share and hear the history of those early patriots.  Marksmanship was taught with plenty of cold water from the cooler and in the shade whenever possible.

I'm glad to report that despite the heat, we had a safe, successful day.  It was a busy day, busy enough that we didn't get pictures, and sweaty enough that it was probably for the best.  I think that Instructor events such as this help develop bonds along with the marksmanship that help keep our cadre active active for years to come.
"A man hangs out a sign to advertise his business, a dentist hangs out a giant tooth, a cobbler a giant shoe.  And in New Hampshire God Almighty himself has hung out a sign to advertise that in the White Mountains He makes men." -Benjamin Franklin on "The Old Man of the Mountain"

"Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning." -Rule #2, Robert Rogers' 28 Rules of Ranging, as quoted in "The Northwest Passage"