News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed at Beaver Falls?

Started by EZ3, August 26, 2019, 10:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

I have been getting some inquiries about scheduling a Winterseed at BVRPC, so I thought I would leave it up to the instructors.  If you have any interest in attending, either as a shooter or an instructor, please reply and let me know what weekends work for you.  Border-raiders are welcome!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Crazyduckhunter

Absolutely I am in on the yearly winterseed at Beaver falls!!

Corvette

EZ3,

I owe you for so many Boarder Raids our way, count me in as either shooter or instructor, which ever you need. I never do anything except work and Appleseed so schedule is up to you.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

TomMPR

EZ3, of course I'm in. Set a date, and i'll start working on the Ceriani brothers. M1,AR,rimfire....decisions,decisions

Charles McKinley

M1, Chosin Reservoir re-enactment part II. ;D

Ask DeckApe.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

If the sun would just for once make it over the hill...

TomMPR

It makes it over the hill Ron, you just need to be up on the rifle range to feel it!

HammBone

I love me some Winterseed. That's 5 hours one way, but I would like to shoot another one for sure. Liberty Center was a hoot and it was COLD and snowy.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

TomMPR

Hammbone, CDH wasn't kidding, the sun never really makes it over the hillside. Great club, and great people. In a big holler so it's always about ten degrees colder than the surrounding area. Just a great time

HammBone

Quote from: TomMPR on August 28, 2019, 09:48:59 AM
Hammbone, CDH wasn't kidding, the sun never really makes it over the hillside. Great club, and great people. In a big holler so it's always about ten degrees colder than the surrounding area. Just a great time

I'm game. The temperature swung between 5 and 8 degrees at Liberty Center the whole time we were there. I was even stubborn and camped out. But I am part Viking and love the cold so there were no complaints.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Crazyduckhunter

Cadence

Please coordinate the Beaver Falls Winterseed so it doesn't fall on the same weekend as the Liberty Center Winterseed!
I would border raid to attend!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

little buddy

Liberty Center is posted January 25-26

Little buddy

Crazyduckhunter

Winter seed at Beaver Falls has been in December (at least the ones that I have been to).

Just put on my calendar the Liberty Center in January.

Charles McKinley

It would be awesome if this was a large event.  I'm about an hour and ten minutes but am willing to host border raiders.

If any of you are interested and can make the "Harrisville" KD I'm less than 15 minutes from that range.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery