News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread -- TWAW Ladyseed Sept 1, 2019

Started by Corvette, August 26, 2019, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Planning thread for the one day TWAW Ladyseed at Cardinal Shooting Center. 

I will be going up early Sunday morning to set up.  As this is a one day event, no need to go up night before.  To all of you who have signed up to work the event, bring as much loaner equipment, especially rifles and mats, as you can.  As of now, I have 7 of 17 shooters who are looking to borrow a rifle and a mat.  I can cover six of the seven loaner rifles but I only have three shooting mats.  And, I expect that there will be folks that didn't read my emails and will show up without stuff Sunday morning. 

I will be bringing the three mats and the following loaners:

2 Marlin 795's, scoped
1 Ruger 10/22 Carbine, scoped
1 Ruger 10/22 full length barrel, open sights
1 Remington 597, scoped
1 Tactical Solutions, AR 15/22, open sights (For shooter with S&W 15/22 that she can't use)

Let me know what you can bring with you rifle and mat wise.  And, for sure we will need loaner GI slings and sling swivels so bring what you can.  I will have a target line, backers, push pins and clips, and targets, shirts, etc. like normal. 

I will add COF/COI details after this post so we all know what we are doing Sunday. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Two mats.
Two rifles both Marlin 795's. 1 with scope, 1 with tech site.
Always have at least 4 slings and swivels.
What time in the AM? I am looking at little over 2 hour drive at least?
CDH

Cactus Jack

I can bring one scoped rifle and two mats as well as a couple slings and swivels.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

Thanks all, as of now we are up to 9 rifle requests. We will need all of the above. Will keep you all posted as I learn more.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Latest update, we will need 10 loaner rifles.  We are in luck though as to mats.  6 of the 10 who need rifles have said they have a shooting mat. 

With my 6 plus Crazyduckhunters 2 and Cactus Jack's 1 we are at 9.  We may need a couple more from somewhere.  There are two requests that are still tentative so I will update as I get more info back from the shooters. 

CDH, if you can get there by 8:30 when we start, that will be fine.  I have several of the TWAW who will help with registration and setup.  So as long as you are there by the start, that will be good enough.

Corvette 

Crazyduckhunter

GMJOE has loaners. He will let me take them if needed also. Wonder if I can talk him into going?

Corvette

Dragonfly Warrior has one rifle and a mat that she is bringing. 

CDH, if you can get GMJoe to let you use his loaners, or better yet convince him to join us, that would be great, it would give us some options as to shooter vs rifle features and give us another set of eyes on the line.

Let me know.

Corvette

Cactus Jack

I can come up with 1 more rifle if need be.  Just let me know.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Crazyduckhunter

Corvette,
Spoke to GMJOE this evening. He is able to come also. He will have two rifles. Both ruger 10/22's. One scoped one with tech sites and mats/slings and the gear for them.
CDH

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

I am assuming that all 3 strikes will be done this day? I know that I am able to do 2nd in just under 15 minutes. So I will volunteer for that one.
CDH

Crazyduckhunter

Corvette said we are up to 18 guests for this shoot. Beat some bushes we only need two more to sell this one out!!!

Corvette

Actually, we only need one.  I just got an email from a lady who did not sign up as she was not sure if she could get off work.  She will be walking on so with one more shooter we will have a "sell out".

Corvette