News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

#Raton, NM KSU 1 Day Shoot NRAWC AAR Aug.22, 2019

Started by TaosGlock, August 24, 2019, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

A 1 day KSU K State Wildlife and Outdoor Enterprise Mangement (WOEM) has some awesome folks and young leaders who showed up from Manhattan, Kansas for a one day event. This is part of their program:

http://catalog.k-state.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=13&poid=3795&returnto=1354

Thanks to KSU staff for the privilege of allowing us to work with the future of America.

Words like "Live Free or Die" were not fancy slogans bandied about like today's bumper stickers.
They were a code the colonists lived by that defined who they were.
It defined the American Revolution, which is not the same as the Revolutionary War.

Huzzah to all the shooters from KSU (BELOW) and to all other Appleseeders who are helping us turn America into "A Nation of Rifleman"
Mrs. Smith calls the line while BlueFeather, Captain and hotairbill work the line.

Lord Percy wrote after April 19th, 1775: Whoever looks upon [the militiamen] as an irregular mob will find himself
much mistaken..They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about.

Below are 3 Rifleman "who know very much about what they are all about"...
Congrats Dylan, Brett and Todd!  These young men scored Expert on the Army Qualification Target.

America, teach the younger generation well. Especially on how to run a rifle. This country was founded on the principles of effective marksmanship.

History, especially WW2 will demonstrate that:

Or as the Bradford Brothers, who owned a printing press in Philadelphia would write to warn King George III said:
This country has raised over a thousand Riflemen. The worst whom can put a ball in a mans head at 250 yards. Before departing England, tell your officers to have their affairs settled.

"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

This group of shooters would strike terror in the heart of King George III, Lord Percy and his Redcoats.
Remember, the Battle of the North Bridge of Concord tells us that we not only knew how to shoot, we knew who to shoot.

A Rifleman knows that the percentage of Americans who will actually do anything to preserve his nation is so small, that
it is too small to measure. However, a single Rifleman equals over 1000 normal dead beat Americans. 
Thus the efforts of one Rifleman can lead to results which are seen as impossible.

It is the Rifleman who will answer the call and repeat those famous words of
Capt. Isaac Davis on April 19, 1775:
"I have not a man who is afraid to go".

A Rifleman knows that to let down the next generation, is to also let down every
American generation which preceded him.  Those who bled and died to pass on Liberty, did so for naught, if he lets them down.

More later as I get caught up...
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

The sheer beauty and historical significance of this range has no peer.
The area abounds in wildlife and at night stary skies are so bright one may wonder if the sun has fully set.
The howling of the coyotes at night and early morning provides reminds one of what it was like in simpler times.

Part of the Santa Fe Trail runs through the NRA Whittington Center.  The historic Santa Fe Trail linked routes originally followed by American Indians and Frontiersman, developing into the most important trade conduit in the United States, the trail played a critical role in the westward expansion of the United States as well as trade relations with Mexico.

There is no better place for learning, competitions and comradery amongst other like minded Americans who enjoy liberty.

There is a plaque and a statute of "The Scout."  Charlton Heston posed as The Scout, providing everlasting vigilance over the Santa Fe Trail and sacrifices made along the way.

Stay tuned, I will add more later...

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party

Mrs. Smith

Dan, your AARs remind me of magazine serials. I can't wait for the next installment!   Even more so since I was a small part of this one.  Huzzah!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Captain

The Whittington Center is truly a landmark beautiful range and the crew from KSU were fantastic! I'm so glad I was able to be a part of the group at this Appleseed event. Thanks for including me.

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

TaosGlock

Let's take a break from our regularily scheduled AAR for a few acknowledgements.

The amazing Mrs. Smith.
NM's new Project Appleseed State Coordinator.

She calls the line at AQT time...hey that rhymes.
She got us 4 AQT's done this year, twice our normal for a one day event.
When it was all done we got 3 new Riflemen! She did the 3rd Strike too!

She also aquired these neat signs to be placed at the main entrance that proudly proclaims to the shooting world that Project Appleseed is a Host Range for the NRA Whittington Center.

Here she graciously gives a gift to BlueFeather, her custom made (you guys at AOC, take note of this design!) boonie hat at the end of the event.
BlueFeather was obviously moved by the gesture.

After the event, we got to do some instructor shooting with the M1 Garand. Grab a handful of HXP ball ammo, and stuff it into a few en blocs.  Then it's time to send lead downrange to 1123 yards. I spot while Mrs. Smith shoots a Garand for the first time.
A Rifleman can pick up any rifle, fire a shot, if necessary make a sight correction, fire another shot and hit the target.

But here we have a first round hit! Huzzah Mrs. Smith!
7 out of 8 shots confirmed then "ching". Gotta love it!
Note the White Buffalo is just above the muzzle of the rifle on the distance open area.

"Mountainous terrain held by Rifleman can never be militarily defeated"-Bill Buppert

hotairbill, our newest Shoot Boss. He is going to make Alamogordo great again!

Captain, will soon be our newest Red Hat and then move into SBIT.

And of course my beautiful wife and our Senior Instructor, BlueFeather:

TaosGlock

As long as there is evil and oppression in the form of tyranny we will need Rifleman.  We will need men and women who believe in Liberty and who take seriously those values that make us American and who are willing to fight to preserve our heritage.  We need patriots like those brave men, women and children who stepped out into the darkness and dawn of April 19th, 1775 and did nothing less than birth a new nation on the principles of effective marksmanship. They fought against an evil that hopefully America will never see again.  However if it does, the American Rifleman will once again rise up and face it.

TaosGlock

A huge thanks goes out to KSU staff Drew Ricketts and Adam Ahlers for their continued support of our program. :bow:
And as always, a huge thanks to the Whittington Center staff for making us feel like family. :bow:

Liberty yo, in New Mexico!
:~ :~ :~

Mrs. Smith

I can't say enough what an honor it was to participate with the instructor cadre at this shoot. What a special place, and a special group of people; both the cadre and the students.   :1luvu
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Ramblin' Wreck

What a fabulous event in a strikingly beautiful place. I'd like to get back out there for one of these some day.
BTW, tell Bill to smile every now and then.  ;D
Aim small,Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown