News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Fenton, MI - Aug 17/18, 2019

Started by T. WOLF, August 19, 2019, 10:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

This was a memorable event, despite a menacing storm forcing an early end to the weekend. That was a difficult call to make, but probably a smart one.  I've ridden out storms like that on an open range, and I can tell you it's no picnic. I want to thank all of the shooters for sticking around and helping us tear down the range.

The decision was all the harder because we really had an amazing group of shooters on the line this weekend and I know some of you were getting very close to that coveted 210. Everybody was engaged in the points of instruction and seemed to be having a great time. It was awesome to see your skills progress throughout the weekend.

Peter - congratulations on earning the Rifleman patch - that was impressive shooting! Tom, you weren't far behind! I hope you guys will join us for a future event.  Shane - congrats to you as well - it's always nice to meet fellow instructors from neighboring states, and your boys were a pleasure to have on the line. I will have to make it down for an event in Ohio next year. Andy - it was great meeting you (and your rifle!) as well - I admire your commitment to the recoil! Nick - not sure if you'll get to see this, but as an instructor it was very rewarding to watch your improvement throughout the day. Some shooters get very discouraged when they don't see immediate results on paper, but you took the opposite approach and I could tell your positive attitude was paying off for you. Sorry you couldn't join us on Sunday, but I think you'll find the journey of marksmanship very rewarding if you decide to stick with it. Dave, Rich, Sam, Zeke - it wouldn't be a Project Appleseed without our favorite regulars! Thanks for coming out to shoot with us again.

John - it's always a pleasure to do Appleseed's at your range. Thank you for being a gracious host and for always being so willing to lend a hand - it's an honor to have you join the cadre! Give our best to Anna - I hope we can shoot with her again in the fall.

Without further ado... pictures:
:F

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Superheat

Yet another wonderful weekend at Fenton Lakes sportsman's club.  Thank you so much for your continued support.

We had mostly hot humid weather.  Unfortunately, one of the students was overcome by the heat and had to leave early. 
John, thanks for always being there for us and joining us as a volunteer.
Jacob had wonderful steady hold factors it won't be long and you will get your patch.
It was nice to meet Shane, congratulations on requalifying.
Caden was a wonderful student, we missed him on Sunday.
Rich is right there.  Just a few more AQTs.
Pete scored rifleman, nice job.
Tom was on track once he started shooting the 10/22.
Zeek is here!  I can't remember a 9 yr old being so safe and doing so well with a sling.  Huzzah!
Nick had some wonderful groups.  Keep working your NPOA.
Andy did a great job shooting the M1A. 
Sam looked better than ever.
Dave's not home, shot great.   Thanks for the input on the red coat. 

The weather chased us off early Sunday.  It is always a tough decision when thunder storms are moving in but, I'm glad we all got out of there.

Looking forward to the next one.

Superheat.

Pocket Watch

It was a great time. Glad to see new faces and some familiar ones. That smokehouse was tasty. Thanks again to all the instructors that take the time to remind us how to shoot and who we should be as Americans!

topper

Thank you for the warm Michigan welcome to the  Ohioans. We had a great time in Fenton.

Superheat, I very much appreciated your comment on being American and have reflected on it this past week. You have a good crew to work with for sure.

Come on down to Ohio any chance you get, you are all welcome anytime.

Superheat

Topper,

Glad you made it up to Michigan.  It was a pleasure to meet you and your boys.

Peter