News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR El Paso Community College August 17-18, 2019

Started by Jerry Hall, August 19, 2019, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

When in the course of human events 11 fine awakening Americans converge on the El Paso Community College - Law Enforcement Training Academy for a Project Appleseed History, Heritage and Rifle Marksmanship Clinic grand things are bound to happen.
Due to a scheduling conflict within the Community College, we were unable to get on to the range before 10:00 am. At that time we took to the range like thirsty folks take to water. We got our introductory Red Coat filled out and then retired back to the classroom for more history heritage and the steady hold factors for the prone position. At 11:00 a License to carry class took the range at noon we were back to the range. Everything proceeded smoothly from there and we were on the way home soon after 5:00pm.
Sunday was a new day! We proceeded quickly through our refresher of the safety rules, safe rifle and the line commands. After our first Red Coat and 2 AQT's were back to the classroom for lunch, Brave Women and Dangerous Old Men stories. Our afternoon was filled with AQT"S and a final Red Coat, Range cleaning and the ever so popular Awards Ceremony. For our only rifleman score of the weekend, Jose requalified with a 235. Several of our participants were in the Sharpshooter category with 9 year old Axel shooting an Expert score from a rest. We parted ways hoping to see each other again soon, at the Known Distance Clinic schooled for October.
"till we meet again", Farewell,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Quote from: Jerry Hall on August 19, 2019, 03:13:18 PM
place holder

You guys and your range with A/C. I was thinking about you this weekend while in 105-107 degrees heat. And the sun. And the humidity. I'm jealous.  **)

However - leaving El Paso a few weeks ago and it was stinkin' 114 - gotta have that A/C.

Hope y'all had a good time.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Captain

I don't know . . . after a weekend in Laramie I don't know if I'd want to shoot any place with winds less than 35 mph. How do you simulate a proper wind in that "dungeon of shooting"?

Seriously though, I am starting to see the wisdom of your ways down there in the Mountains of Texas. I can't wait to make a shoot there!

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

ACPjunkie

Excepting the range being double booked I think it was an excellent shoot.

Thanks to all the shooters who came out and worked their butts off.
"It aint mystical $@!+"  VAshooter

Front Sight focus is true enlightenment