News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH AAR - August 17-18, 2019

Started by Longrifleman, August 18, 2019, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

One word - LibertyBees...to be continued...

OK- so I thought they were sweat bees, too, but no- They're Hoverflies but they didn't stop a single one of the eleven fantastic and fabulous patriots from getting down and dirty at the greatest sportsman's club know to man, Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association in Wilmington, Ohio. And did I mention it was hot, too? But hey- it's August and we were ready for it!

Our fine group of shooters, some veteran Appleseeders and some brand new, basked in the bright light of LIBERTY and soaked up the marksmanship instruction that was poured on them starting bright and early Saturday morning. The redcoats fell, the teaching began, and the wondrous tale of that fateful day was told over some delicious hot grillins' brought to us by Angie and Rick. (And boy were we spoiled by the new air conditioner in the clubhouse!)

After lunch we were back at it again and before you knew it it was time for an AQT. As fast as Brown Beauty streaked through the Massachusetts countryside we had our first Rifleman! Jon racked up a very respectable 223 to become CCFSA's latest master of marksmanship. To top it off he cleared the afternoon Redcoat, too!

Sunday saw the full line return to polish their skills and the heat was on again! We wiped away the sweat and shooed away the LibertyBees opening the door for Ben to re-qualify with a 224. Then it was time for the team drill.

Three teams of three faced off to see who could shred a Redcoat the mostest. After 2 minutes of chaos it was the team of Ben, Robert, and Josh who took home the fabulous prizes of unspeakable value conveniently emblazoned with the Project Appleseed logo. Sadie and the Gregs were close behind while Shoot Boss, Michelle and Nolan kept them looking in their mirrors!

At some point I believe I heard someone ask if we were really going to have a firehose to play in...er, drink out of 'cause the sweltering was unforgettable. I have to say that it takes a dedicated group of Liberty minded shooters to grind out the AQTs like we did on a day like that! Thank you to all our shooters and I hope to see each and every one of you return to the range with us soon and don't forget to practice and persist. Our best wishes go out to Cameron who heads off to serve our glorious country in the Air Force in a couple weeks.

Thanks as well to the instructors and club volunteers who make in all happen like clockwork at the greatest range around, CCFSA!

Three cheers to all HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Longrifleman

Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

starbuck82

We had a great time and learned a lot.  I'm very proud of my kids for taking marksmanship so seriously.  There were an unnatural number of sweat bees around. 

Corvette

Looks like another great event at Wilmington.  Huzzah!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

OldIronSights67

It was an amazing weekend!   Amazing course...amazing instructors...amazing classmates...amazing lunch...and yes, AMAZINGLY HOT!!!

Lots of knowledge imparted! I'm still remembering nuggets of information as I reflect on both days full of history and shooting.

Thank you to all involved.   I will be looking forward to attending another event soon.

:F

"The road less traveled awaits those who have the vision and gonadal fortitude to press on...despite fear...and, in spite of the naysayers who will line up to tell you it can't be done."
:F   "The road less traveled awaits those who have the vision and gonadal fortitude to press on...despite fear...and, in spite of the naysayers who will line up to tell you it can't be done."

Mooj1

Where are the pictures!
Cameron said to thank everyone for the mention and the send off. He did not get the patch he wanted, but promises to get a badge instead.
I tried to talk him into waiting till everyone was at the rainge during training, and wait till it was his turn to shoot and yell "Pew, Pew, Pew America!!" But he just smiled and said I'm going to be running enough, I dont need more laps!    ;D
Thanks to all for a fun weekend, even if it was set to broil. It beats setting in a mud puddle any day.
And I now know, I am not a cook! But I will make the occasional exception.

Jon

:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

starbuck82

I don't believe many pictures were taken.  I sat out one round and took a few.  Here is a picture of the line with Cameron up front.

RedLeg

Apologies for the delay on this.  I had typed up a nice response and uploaded the pic, but my post never went through and I didn't get back here until just now.

Thanks to all the shooters for persevering through not only the blazing hot temperatures and high humidity, but the clouds of "liberty bees"!  You all did a great job and I look forward to seeing you back out on the line again!

Here's our new Rifleman!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

goodoldfriend

This was one of the hottest Appleseeds to go down in Ohio history. I think it qualified for the mythical InfernoSeed patch.

It was especially nice to see shooters return from April's AquaSeed, when they persevered through downpours.

The only downpours we saw this weekend were the sun's rays although it felt like it was raining LibertyBees most of the time.

If any shooters want to join me for some occasional range time at CCFSA, please send me a PM and we will work out the details.

A loud HUZZAH to all who are making progress with their skills.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016